Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: VIDEO OVERLAY - ADVICE NEEDED

Re: VIDEO OVERLAY - ADVICE NEEDED 6 years, 11 months ago #44610

• Thorogood
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 11 months ago
Is it possible to overlap 2 videos, for example, footage of gameplay with webcam footage in the top right? I am quite new to this so I don't really know what I'm doing, and I've been searching the forums for something like this.

Re: VIDEO OVERLAY - ADVICE NEEDED 6 years, 11 months ago #44617

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 11 months ago
Thorogood
This question has been answered in your other post.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta

Re: VIDEO OVERLAY - ADVICE NEEDED 6 years, 11 months ago #44961

• Jodan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 11 months ago
frandesouza wrote:
I know your feelings, I do some motion graphics and compositing too, but I remember the Jahshaka project, which tried to cover every aspect of video production and ended unfinished, unable to do a single task properly (at least in my experience).

Although it's quite long ago (I missed the reply notification email) I still wanted to tell what I know: I too tried Jahshaka a few years back and remember contacting the programmer (if I'm not mixing things up). He said he was on a misionary trip somewhere far from home which is the reason why there were no updates on the Software. So the reason for the software not working as we hoped it would probably was, that only one person was working on it in the first place and that this person was then occupied with other things.

Re: VIDEO OVERLAY - ADVICE NEEDED 6 years, 11 months ago #44962

• Jodan
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 11 months ago
Devine1 wrote:
@ Jodan

Haven't had a chance to experiment yet regarding video tracking with LW. The idea in my head would be to use the source material twice.

1) Imported directly into LW and edit as required.
2) Import into Voodoo / Blender so as to create the same camera path & movement of the 3D model that I create. Then when I eventual export a final video of my 3D object and mport into LW, it should be able to overlay the original source material as per step 1.

I hope I'll be able to come back to this experiment.

Did you try that already? Was the result ok?

Re: VIDEO OVERLAY - ADVICE NEEDED 6 years, 11 months ago #44981

• Devine1
  • Gold Boarder
  • 6 years, 11 months ago
@Jodan

No, I didn't complete the experiment unfortunately. So that's why I didn't come back here to update this thread. Although I recently completed some other 2D motion editting, which was not so complex. I did fiddle with Voodoo a bit. It appears to do what it promises. As I only think of these ideas when a project arrives, I generally have deadlines, which means I compromise my ideas to meet the deadlines.

At the moment I've moved onto more current ideas, so probably won't come back to this one for a while. But please let me know if you make any progress. I'm still interested but don't have to time to commit right now.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top