Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why are the tutorials so old?

Why are the tutorials so old? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #223205

• Alden Lee
thanks for your reply,

by the way, why not much tutorial lightworks on youtube? although there is, it's been a few years ago, do you know what's going on?

Moderated: This thread was originally attached to the custom effects feedback thread. I have split it to this more appropriate place - jwrl.
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Why are the tutorials so old? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #223207

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
No, I'm afraid not. Have you checked out the tutorials on this site?
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by jwrl.

Re: Custom and User Effects feedback 1 month, 2 weeks ago #223209

• Alden Lee
Yes, that's quite enough for me to understand lightworks, but there's no updates tutorials for 2020.1 ver on this site?

Re: Custom and User Effects feedback 1 month, 2 weeks ago #223210

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
No, unfortunately it is not. The existing official video tutorials refer to Lightworks V14.0 or earlier versions. Even a description of what's new in V2020.1 doesn't exist, beside of the release notes. On this forum we don't know why, but some people here are pretty aware of all changes and can support when questions arise.

However, the V14 User Guide gives a good overview of the basic functions.

I find the tutorials of the Demo Project are also worth watching. Although referring to V12, they gives a good idea of the editing paradigm of Lightworks and most of the procedures shown are still valid.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Why are the tutorials so old? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #223218

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Also, just so that you know: these are user forums, and the bulk of the people that you see here are users, just like you. That includes any of the orange label moderators, like myself. Red label moderators are Editshare employees and in a position to know more.

Re: Why are the tutorials so old? 1 month, 2 weeks ago #223220

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Some of the older Editshare tutorials are useful, even the ones that are no longer on the site, if you wish to use Lightworks in a more traditional way (i.e. not always drag and drop) or if you use the Flexible layout (there are two layout options in Lightworks). Most of the procedures still work, the differences tend to be in the menus.

If you see Flexible layout tutorials in the website, just ignore the layout.

V2020.1 is part of the V14 series (it got renamed), so the Quick Start still applies.

However, an updating of a number of tutorials is something that does need to be done for the next major version, what was V15 and now will be, I assume, V2021.1.
Last Edit: 1 month, 2 weeks ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top