• Page:

TOPIC: DVD Styler Issue - Video Looks Horrible

DVD Styler Issue - Video Looks Horrible 2 months, 1 week ago #204987

• borntodeal
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I keep running into problems.

I have a 4K video I used in DVD Styler then burned a DVD the video is awesome but it stutters on a DVD player and not on the computer when I preview the ISO image using ordinary software for mounting ISOs and then playing it from the ISO so I didn't notice the issue.

I used Lightworks to make an edit, then outputted it using the default DVD settings and burned the DVD using DVD Styler and it's way too pixellated.

If you have prior experience with DVD Styler and can suggest the optimal output settings, I'd appreciate it. The videos are transcoded by DVD Styler during the ISO creation process.
"Don't use a hammer if a screwdriver will do..."

Christopher Matthew Spencer
Global Business Team
kathy ireland® Worldwide

Re: DVD Styler Issue - Video Looks Horrible 2 months, 1 week ago #204989

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Did you zoom in a lot on the 4k video?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)

Re: DVD Styler Issue - Video Looks Horrible 2 months, 1 week ago #204991

• borntodeal
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
No the source video is an edited film. I did no editing. I just used Lightworks to transcode it.

Global Business Team
kathy ireland® Worldwide

Re: DVD Styler Issue - Video Looks Horrible 2 months, 1 week ago #204993

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Have you considered trouble with the DVD player or the disk?

As a side note: DVD is by nature standard definition, e.g. 720x480 anamorphic 16:9. DVD Styler will scale the 4K sources down to SD for compliance. I can imagine that HD source may have some positive impact to final quality, but do you think that the effort pays using 4K sources?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: DVD Styler Issue - Video Looks Horrible 2 months, 1 week ago #204997

• borntodeal
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
No trouble with the player. Wobble confirmed on multiple DVD devices other than a computer.

I am starting with a 4K source maybe there is a magic Lightworks export that would work well for DVD with as little loss as possible.

Global Business Team
kathy ireland® Worldwide

Re: DVD Styler Issue - Video Looks Horrible 2 months, 1 week ago #204998

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
If you are sure that this isn't a problem with the device and, since DVD Styler is the writing and encoding application and not Lightworks, have you considered contacting the DVD-Styler forum with the question for best possible settings, in particular how to deal with interlacing?

In terms of output/export formats as source for DVD Styler, if you don't like what you see with the DVD format, give Blu-Ray, or even better XDCAM-HD a try and see if it works and how it looks.

Edit: To be more clear, see if the mentioned alternative formats work as source for DVD Styler and how they look after DVD Styler has crunched them down to SD. H.264/MP4 in 1080p might also be an alternative. I can't imagine that you'll see a difference to 4K when DVD Styler has finished its work.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top