Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video Playback Laggy

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 22 hours ago #203122

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 22 hours ago
Thanky you.

I don't know what's wrong. The m701 file you show should run fluently on a dual core i5 from 2012. What irritates me most is that proxies don't work for you. Recently, I helped another member of the forum to start editing with Lightworks on an Intel Centrino with proxies, which was surprising to me, but it worked.

Under normal conditions, I would explain now, that there is no need to convert FLV files captured with OBS, because OBS has a feature to remux its FLV files to MP4 without re-encoding. And then, you can use proxies if performance turns out to be poor, but also your original file remuxed to MP4 should work without proxies on a dual core from 2012.

You see me speechless.

Try to remux FLV to MP4 with OBS, import the file and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 days, 22 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203202

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
I tried to remux the file to mp4 but no luck unfortunately. I have no clue what to do from here. I think I may be unable to fix it entirely.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203204

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
I never let member go because of performance problems, even not when running Centrinos.

What exactly do you see and hear, could you make and post a screen recording with the clip in the source viewer and inserted into the timeline.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203209

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
I choose the flv file from my file explorer and then it loads and i click insert but when i post it it comes up with the name of the file and then 'not found'.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203210

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
I tried remux'ing it to an mp4

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203211

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
MP4 is supported as attachment up to 20 MB.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203213

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203214

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
Thanks. Weird.

I've attached a 20 seconds test video in MP4 720p60. Please, download it, create a new 60 fps project, import it and tell how it runs.

This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203215

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
It seems that this video works. It must be a problem with the original recording however at the time of recording the video it was at high fps and not laggy like in the recording.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 6 hours ago #203216

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
It could be that your system was entirely overloaded when recording this video which can create a lot of duplicated frames. However, that should be visible in a regular media player as well.

Try and see.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 5 hours ago #203219

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 5 hours ago
yes it lags just the same as in the media player as lightworks. Let me try and re record it.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 5 hours ago #203220

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 5 hours ago
Maybe with optimized settings?

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 5 hours ago #203221

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 5 hours ago
In OBS? Where is optimized settings

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 5 hours ago #203223

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 5 hours ago
There are many settings in OBS, more than with any other screen recording software I've ever seen.

It appears to me that you've used 'Settings.Output.Output Mode' 'Simple', which is default, but there's also an 'Advanced' mode.

But first, stay in 'Simple' mode and switch 'Encoder' to NVEnc, if available with the GTX 1050 TI (it should). If you can set it, set 'Video Bitrate' to 6000 kbps (for 1080p). If you run your games in 1080p resolution you shouldn't scale them on the fly, record at 1080p. Reduce the frame rate from 60 fps to 30 fps from 'Video Common FPS Values'. All that will take load off your CPU when recording. Maybe you have a chance to reduce the load which the game puts on your system with some adjustments there. Please note: Fluent preview during gameplay, doesn't indicate necessarily fluent recording.

Make a test recording and inspect for fluent motion and quality in a regular media player. If the quality looks bad, increase the recording bitrate in 2000 kbps steps and try again. If the result meets your needs, import into Lightworks. If the editing performance appears to be poor use proxies for editing.

See how this works for you.

Re: Video Playback Laggy 4 days, 5 hours ago #203225

• DanielFC
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 5 hours ago
I seem to have fixed the issue. OBS was giving me a warning on how there was an encoder overload. The settings you told me have stopped the low fps. Thanks for the help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds
Scroll To Top