Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to blur out a image on a a 2018 lightorks video

how to blur out a image on a a 2018 lightorks video 4 months ago #182305

I need help blurring and or blocking out an image. any one know how to do it? I need to know quick.

Re: how to blur out a image on a a 2018 lightorks video 4 months ago #182307

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months ago
Welcome to the forum.

Here is an unofficial video which may assist you. The part you want is in the second half. NOTE you can use mark and park to select where you want to start and finish the effect (rather than using delete to make an empty cut in the timeline). The video has the flexible layout, but if you go into the VFX tab, you will see that it's pretty similar.

Re: how to blur out a image on a a 2018 lightorks video 4 months ago #182350

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Hello,

As briefly pointed out in one of the comments to the video above, it isn't possible to adjust a smooth transition between un-blurred and blurred picture with Lightworks default Blur and Radial Blur effect by adjusting Amount with keyframes. That's as far as I know by design (because of the used algorithm) and not considered to be a bug. It should be possible to create a smooth transition by adding Blend over Blur with constant Amount and keyframes on Fg Opacity of Blend.

Personally, for smooth transitions from/to blurred image I use a user effect, SuperBlur provided by jwrl. Jwrl told that it consumes quite a lot of computing power, but well adjusted it looks very nice.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds
Scroll To Top