Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How do you insert a graph from excel into lightworks v14?

How do you insert a graph from excel into lightworks v14? 3 months ago #174572

Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out how to add a graph from excel into my video. Has anyone figured this out? Does anyone have the same problem?

Regards,

SammyAngel161

Re: How do you insert a graph from excel into lightworks v14? 3 months ago #174574

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months ago
Hello and welcome!

I assume that you understand already the basics of Lightworks as shown in the V14 Quick Start video tutorial.

I think the best way to bring the graphs in is making screen shots and using Image Key effect from category Key to lay them over the video. With Image key you can load the image, position, scale and crop, and adjust opacity (transparency).

Readability of small text on the graphs could be a problem. I'd suggest making a few test with one graph and a short clip first, to find best position and size in your video and to scale the text in Excel in a way that it's well readable in the final video. Then, modify the other graphs accordingly in Excel, make the rest of the screenshots, import your material and start editing..

.. and set Project resolution from menu "Project.Video Output Format" to 720p to match export resolution in order to see in preview what you will get in exported file.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 3 months ago by hugly.

Re: How do you insert a graph from excel into lightworks v14? 3 months ago #174575

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 months ago
If you are using Windows you can grab anything on your screen in one of two ways. The first is to use Ctrl-PrScr (control / print screen). That copies the entire screen to Windows' clipboard, and you then open whatever art software you use and paste the screen grab into it. You can then save it in whatever format is best for you.

The second is to use the Windows snipping tool. The simplest way to use that is to press the Start button and type "snip". The snipping tool will appear - right click on it and you'll get the option to pin it to your task bar, pin to start or use one of two run methods. This first time I'd suggest pinning to the task bar. Every time that you then need to use it you can just click the icon on your task bar.

The snip tool requires you to lasso the section of the screen that you want to capture, but you can then save that capture directly to the folder of your choice.
Last Edit: 3 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top