Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Imported Video is upside down

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200586

Not sure if GoPro's set camera orientation metadata. I was thinking of phones and tablets.

What software have you used that auto corrects this issue? The GoPro app? If so you might want to export your corrected footage from that before editing.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200589

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year ago
David Rasberry wrote:
Not sure if GoPro's set camera orientation metadata.
I think, starting with the Hero 4, GoPro cameras have an orientation sensor.

I wonder what happens if the camera is rotated a few times within one shot, auto rotate on the fly with auto dissolve and motion compensation?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 year ago by hugly.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200595

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 year ago
fishmonger wrote:
@G0bble - since you're registered as a beta tester I'd be interested in hearing if you can manage without any preprocessing now using the auto-rotate feature and perhaps proxy workflow if your material is too hi-res to play smoothly?
f

Unfortunately I have a 5yr backlog of videos to edit and process and do not have time to spare with beta products that will confuse me further with bugs. I tried resolve 16 beta and quickly uninstalled it as the number of problems I had to deal with quickly swamped me and took my focus away from getting my videos done. Heck I am still unable to get started with making the movies or even finishing the training videos given my sleep and work schedule.

However I am curious about what you mean by "without any preprocessing" ? I was referring to the import option in LWKs where I can either link or transcode the entire videos - which I do not want to do for the reasons mentioned earlier. GPStudio allows me to import, make subclips with a 1-click flip-flop operation and only transcode the subclips into AVI which are typically 25% of my entire footage. Time and processing power saved is a zillion especialy considering I never assemble high end rigs!

On the side, I am switching from a pole to a tray to mount my gopro on the next vacation.

Cheers
G
Last Edit: 1 year ago by G0bble.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200600

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year ago
What you can do if you're running Windows is install the beta in its own folder, and use either the beta or the current release. For what it's worth, build 114863 was reasonably OK with a few issues, build 114986 had most of those fixed but one or two oddities related to LUTs, and 115161 is getting to be pretty stable. I've been using it on a big project and have had no problems.

Try it. You should be OK. "Without any preprocessing" means exactly what it says. You should be able to import and use your unconverted media. At least, that's what fishmonger is hoping that you'll be able to verify. If you can't you'll be no worse off than you are now and you will have contributed to Lightworks development.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by jwrl.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200602

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year ago
Edit: I think I misunderstood you . That's why I hide now my old irrelevant text behind this spoiler.

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 1 year ago by schrauber.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200611

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year ago
G0bble wrote:
Unfortunately I have a 5yr backlog of videos to edit and process and do not have time to spare with beta products that will confuse me further with bugs.

With all respect G0bble, regarding the amount of qualified information all the volunteers on this forum, including myself, have fed you with recently, I find that isn't nice behaviour.

We all here are traders, the currency is information.
Last Edit: 1 year ago by hugly.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200627

The GPStudio workflow is a good one. AFAIK the AVI exports are in cineform codec and will run much smoother in Lightworks than native GoPro footage.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200662

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 year ago
I merely stated some facts about my personal struggles to get going with my primary goals of making progress with my video editing project. And I expressed my priorities. I will check out 14.6 after it is out of beta then report back.

Cheers
G
Last Edit: 1 year ago by G0bble.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200663

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year ago
Unfortunately, it would be too late to get an issue sorted by that time, you'd have to wait until V15 beta for any changes,

This is something that could be checked in 10 minutes at the most. You don't have to keep using the beta, although, if it saves you time in the longer run it could work to your advantage.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200681

I just downloaded the free version of Lightworks, because I have videos that are 90 degrees and 180 degrees rotated. Once I googled a few things I was able to locate the FormatFixer. I had alreaded zoomed out the first video and rotated it 90 degrees, so all it did was soften the edges and provide a blue background. Now I've tried to use it from dot with another video that is part of the same project, but it's not working. I keep getting the "Halo of Death"...
Please help!!!

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200682

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year ago
Hello,

That's most likely caused by the video format of the clip being too demanding for your computer.

Try the internal proxy workflow with clips which don't perform well and tell how that works for you:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=217&id=194770&Itemid=81#194787

If there's still trouble, please post your computer details and a Mediainfo report of the footage:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81

Re: Imported Video is upside down 1 year ago #200683

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year ago
Welcome to the forum.

Please could you provide the specification of your computer.

I assume you're editing phone footage?

Re: Imported Video is upside down 10 months ago #205124

• deonholt
  • Junior Boarder
  • 10 months ago
David Rasberry wrote:
This has been fixed in V 14.6 beta version.
But the simplest solution is to hold the phone or tablet in the correct orientation for video. Then the problem doesn’t occur.

Thanks for everybody's input on this matter.
My questions is: What is the correct orientation? It is only in LWKS that it is upside down? When I play the video on Win 10, is shows correct.

Thanks.

Re: Imported Video is upside down 10 months ago #205127

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 10 months ago
deonholt wrote:
My questions is: What is the correct orientation?

Hello,

What I did to find this out: I disabled auto-rotation on my mobile devices and made test shots. On an iPad, for instance, with 'Orientation Lock' enabled, the on-screen controls are on the right hand-side and readable for a 0 degree landscape shot.
Last Edit: 10 months ago by hugly.

Re: Imported Video is upside down (Solved: iPhone Xs) 10 months ago #205137

• deonholt
  • Junior Boarder
  • 10 months ago
hugly wrote:
deonholt wrote:
My questions is: What is the correct orientation?

Hello,

What I did to find this out: I disabled auto-rotation on my mobile devices and made test shots. On an iPad, for instance, with 'Orientation Lock' enabled, the on-screen controls are on the right hand-side and readable for a 0 degree landscape shot.

EDIT:
Wow, thank you. This works 100%.
Thank you once again. // Did not work.
// The problem happens when I use the front camera on my iPhone Xs. It does not happen when using the back camera.
What I have now done is to turn the camera so that the charging port sits to the left where I normally had it to the right.
// This solved the problem for me.

Thanks to everyone.
Last Edit: 10 months ago by deonholt.
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds
Scroll To Top