Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: LIGHTWORKS CONSOLE MK1, 2014

Re: LIGHTWORKS CONSOLE MK1, 2014 3 years, 7 months ago #86060

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
That should work then, because that's exactly the same configuration that I've been using.

You will need the RTCS utility that I mentioned in my original post. I still haven't bought that because I keep promising myself that I'll write my own version of the loader. It shouldn't be particularly hard given that somewhere I have the MS-DOS originals to work from, but I just haven't got round to it yet.

If I do ultimately build it I'll post it in my original console thread.

Re: LIGHTWORKS CONSOLE MK1, 2014 3 years, 7 months ago #86061

• victor11
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
A boat anchor it will be then. I thought at one time of bringing the whole thing back to life, if only to marvel at what can now be done on a laptop for free. What an amazing machine the old thing was!

I do have all the cables and power supply for the MK1 but still wonder what kind of drivers or whatever would have to be created on the serial port ? of a Mac to make it work.

Re: LIGHTWORKS CONSOLE MK1, 2014 3 years, 7 months ago #86062

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Just some random thoughts here:

The problem that I foresee with getting it to function on a Mac is that you need to upload the operating software for the console into it for it to run. As it stands it has a comparatively simple bootstrap loader and some diagnostics in it and not much else.

You will need to get the lwmoucon.ram file and engineer a way of getting the Mac to send it to the console. Then, if Editshare has ported the console handler part of Lightworks to the Mac you may be able to get the console running.

One thing that I do know is that Editshare only supports USB consoles. They don't have any serial consoles to test the software on. The FTDI adapter with appropriate drivers for the Mac would still be necessary in my opinion.

It would probably be a good idea to contact Editshare directly about this. They were very helpful to me when I was initially trying to revive my console.
Last Edit: 3 years, 7 months ago by jwrl.

Re: LIGHTWORKS CONSOLE MK1, 2014 3 years, 7 months ago #86087

• victor11
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 7 months ago
Editshare sounds like a great idea. Sometimes one can forget the obvious. And then again, this is all about "for old times sake" with the MK1. Thanks again!

Re: LIGHTWORKS CONSOLE MK1, 2014 6 months, 1 week ago #169000

• pgregston
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 months, 1 week ago
I have several Mk 1 consoles, tested working, on original Lightworks and Heavyworks systems. I even has one of those in storage that was set up for a historical demo a couple of years back.
If any one is interested, let me know.
Am using this thread to build cables for USB compatibility.
Great info!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: LIGHTWORKS CONSOLE MK1, 2014 6 months, 1 week ago #169013

Hello pgregston,
I have one of those Mk1 consoles and have tried to find a way to get it to work on my mac but the whole thing was a bit to technical for me with the building of the cable and the power supply.
Could I also order a cable from you so I can get mine to work again?!
How much would you ask for that cable/powercable?
Also how much do you ask for your mk1 consoles?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds
Scroll To Top