Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: FAQ - Please read! New threads started about topics already answered here will be closed.

FAQ - Please read! New threads started about topics already answered here will be closed. 6 years, 4 months ago #67748

• ArteD
    Pro User
  • 6 years, 4 months ago
Lightworks Console FAQ

Why does the Console cost as much when there are other editing controllers costing much less?

The Lightworks Console is a dedicated piece of hardware specially made for Lightworks software. It is not a mass produced item and it is assembled at the Editshare HQ in England. It is extremely well made and requires precision engineering, all things which do not come cheap.

Can I use an old serial Console with the current version of Lightworks?

Yes, you can use the MKI and MKII serial Consoles with the current version of Lightworks. Several users are doing so. You just need to workout the connection. Some have reported limited success using USB to Serial adapters. Others have used motherboards with built-in serial ports.

How can I get the 64bit driver for the Console?

For the 64bit driver for the Console please email Editshare directly. The 32bit driver is available online on the download page and is available to all Pro users.

Do I have to be a Pro user to use the Console with the current version of Lightworks?

Yes. Only the Pro version of Lightworks will work with the Console. Understandably so. The Console is a high-end professional feature.
I'm not employed by or officially represent Editshare or Lightworks. I'm just a Lightworks user.
Last Edit: 6 years, 3 months ago by ArteD.
The topic has been locked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top