Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then

[SOLVED] Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38037

• Schloime
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
Hello.

I hope I am allowed into the "console" category with a shuttlepro problem.

All works perfectly when I start LW the normal way. Now, to get khavers "SlomoAssistantApp" to work, I need to run LW as an admin, to enable the writing of the list. But suddenly shuttle is not working anymore, as if LW would be a different software. When started as normal user, the shuttle works again.
Is there something behind the scenes not known to me? Taskmanager still shows "ntcardvt" running, the target application for the shuttle.

Solution (from the last post): Shuttle and all other tools you want to use in LW need to run as admin as well.
Tech: AMD FX 6100, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX780, Win10 64, Panasonic AG-AC90, Panasonic HC-X929, Canon EOS 600D (T3i), Contour Shuttle, BMD Intensity Pro, Zoom H2N, Tascam DR44WL, DVR Dongle
Last Edit: 8 years, 3 months ago by Schloime.

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38110

• Ben Wilson
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
Assuming you are running Windows 7.....

I wonder if that is similar to what I ran into with Matrox drivers installed on Windows 7? In order to launch LW (I'm at 11.03. I have not signed up for the Beta version) I have to "Run as Adminstrator" under my user login. When I do this, I lose access to my network drive through LW because my network drive mappings are via my Windows user login while LW is trying to access them via the Adminstrator credentials.

the 2 ways to get around the Matrox drive issue is to either turn of UAC in Windows 7 or to logon as THE administrator user on Windows. I choose the later because I don't want UAC turned off all the time and you have to log off and then back on for the change to take effect.

I wonder if a similar issue is interfering with the ShuttlePro. LW running as a different user than the Windows user.

Have you tried logging onto Windows as the Adminstrator user? You may have to enable that account before you can logon using it. Windows 7 disables that user by default.

Cheers,
Ben
HP 8730w Core2Duo, 3.06Ghz, 6GB Ram, NVidia 2700M. Triple boot, XP, Win7-64, Ubuntu 12.04-64

HP z400 Xeon 6-core. 3.33GHz, 8GB RAM, NVidia Quadro2000. Triple boot, Win7-32, Win7-64, Ubuntu 12.04-64

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38143

• Schloime
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
Sounds like something to try... I didn't know about the admin thing in windows, I thought, I am always admin when I don't specify a user at login.
I'll try it in the afternoon and report back. Thanks
Tech: AMD FX 6100, 16 GB RAM, GeForce GTX780, Win10 64, Panasonic AG-AC90, Panasonic HC-X929, Canon EOS 600D (T3i), Contour Shuttle, BMD Intensity Pro, Zoom H2N, Tascam DR44WL, DVR Dongle

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38330

• Ben Wilson
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
Hey Schloime,

Did you get to try this? If so, did it make a difference?

cheers,
ben
HP 8730w Core2Duo, 3.06Ghz, 6GB Ram, NVidia 2700M. Triple boot, XP, Win7-64, Ubuntu 12.04-64

HP z400 Xeon 6-core. 3.33GHz, 8GB RAM, NVidia Quadro2000. Triple boot, Win7-32, Win7-64, Ubuntu 12.04-64

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38384

• Schloime
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
I searched a bit, but couldn't find a place to activate an admin account, but my account is marked as admin... so where can I find that pure admin account?

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38385

• ABCRONNIE
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
Hi Schloime

I use this command line

c:\net user administrator /active:yes

Open the command window and navigate to the C: drive root and type the above in. Hit return
after successful ackowledgement then close the command window and reboot. You should then see the Administrator Login option and your Personal login choices on your Windows sign on screen.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Ronnie
SYSTEM 1
Alienware M17X R3 Laptop Core i7 2760QM CPU
@ 2.4 Ghz.
8 Gig Ram 1600 DDR3
NVidia 560 M Graphics.
1.5 TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD. Raid 0
17" Full 1920x1080 LED Display
2 x USB 3, 1 x ESata, 1 Gig Ethernet, HDMI 1.4 O/P 2 x USB 2.0 Ports.
Display Port, Blu-Ray / DVD Recorder
Windows 7 64 Bit Pro SP 1. LightworksV11.5.1 Pro. 32bit & 64bit.
SYSTEM 2
Apple MACBook PRO Mid 2012 15inch
Software OS Software OS X 10.8.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
6TB Thunderbolt Raid 5 Media Drive. 750GB Sys Drive
Last Edit: 8 years, 3 months ago by ABCRONNIE.

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38387

• Schloime
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
Hi Abcronnie,
thank you, it worked, but only when you run the command window as admin as well, else you get a "system error 5, access denied".

Now I have the admin account, LW works and the shuttle, too. It has some other drawbacks concerning personal preferences, which are all set to zero now for the rest of the system. But it works.
I still wonder about the difference between normal and admin start in reference to the shuttle...

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38388

• Schloime
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
OK, found it.
It is not LW changing, it is the "working layer" in windows. When LW runs as admin, the shuttle can't find it, because it cannot access the admin layer.
Solution: Run shuttlehelper.exe as admin from the beginning (and setpoint for my mouse, too) so they have full access for all software at any layer.

Re: Does "run as admin" change something? Shuttle not working then 8 years, 3 months ago #38394

• Ben Wilson
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 8 years, 3 months ago
I am just now getting back to my computer, so am a bit late with this response!

Schloime wrote:
OK, found it.
It is not LW changing, it is the "working layer" in windows. When LW runs as admin, the shuttle can't find it, because it cannot access the admin layer.
Solution: Run shuttlehelper.exe as admin from the beginning (and setpoint for my mouse, too) so they have full access for all software at any layer.

Glad you found a solution that will allow you to keep your profile easily accessible. Had I had some experience with the Shuttle, I probably would have run into this myself and known the direct answer...

ABCRONNIE wrote:
Hi Schloime

I use this command line

c:\net user administrator /active:yes

Another way do do this (for future reference) is to type in compmgmt.msc in the "Search Programs and files" box. This will bring up the computer management console. Expand "Local Users and Groups" then select Users. All of the local user accounts on your system will be displayed in the center pane. Right click on Administrator and click on Properties. Uncheck the "Account is disabled" check box to enable the account, Check the box to disable the account. You can also reset the account password and other properties this way.

Cheers,
Ben

Last Edit: 8 years, 3 months ago by Ben Wilson.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.54 seconds
Scroll To Top