Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: [Solved] Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers

[Solved] Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers 8 years, 9 months ago #28291

• klongman
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi, I trying to get a mark 1 console to work and am getting some success, but the console is not working. I have made up a cable with 12v and serial connection to a USB-serial adapter and I am using the RTCS console initialisation utility in demo mode. The utility reports that the c:\windows\System32\drivers\lwmoucon.ram file was missing.
I moved all of the files installed by the Editshare console setup installer (which where installed in c:\windows\SysWOW64\drivers) into c:\windows\System32\drivers and the RTCS utility reports that the EPROM is there and says init is done. But the red stop button does not light up and the console is not working in lightworks pro. Is there a specific console 64bit driver that I need to install

thanks for any assistance

karl
Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by Site Admin.

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28293

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Request 64bit console drivers/instructions from LW.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28294

• klongman
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Thanks, I have sent a message to support

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28297

• klongman
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Working fine now, with the 64bit console drivers - thanks

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28331

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Still can't quite understand why the 64bit drivers are treateed as if a state secret.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28343

• suitepost
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Congratulations on getting the series MK 1 console to work.

If you think the 64 bit drivers are treated as a state secret.
Try and get the series mk1 console to work with USB.
ASUS G53SW Laptop
i7-2630QM, 2.0GHZ
8GB ram
Genforce GTX460M CUDA 1.5GB
Win 7 64bit Lightworks Pro
Lightworks Keyboard + Contour shuttle Pro

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28514

• suitepost
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi Klongman
I just wanted more information on how you got the the console to work.

Did you get the MK 1 console to work with a SERIAL to USB conversion?
ASUS G53SW Laptop
i7-2630QM, 2.0GHZ
8GB ram

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28547

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28766

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Does the release version of that utility actually work for USB-RS232 converters in your experience, Greg? Because suitepost and I found that the free version most certainly did not on his or my systems.

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28791

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
I have not tried it. But I do think I know why it doesn't work. My thoughts are that the current available on the RS232 side of the adapter is so low that it can not handle keeping the charge pump up at operating voltage and therefor no data flows. When I was checking mine for the same issue before this utility came out, I noticed that most of the time my USB devices would not hold anything over 5 volts on the data pins. This is of course way below RS232 specs. and I can't fault it for not working as it is a hardware issue. I also mentioned this way up in that thread that there is no way to guarantee that all USB devices will work with this utility.

My thoughts were always to go back and solder a USB to TTL device onto the circuit board and see what happens. What I don't know is if the console really uses the handshake functions since most USB-TTL devices do not offer handshake. Obviously I never got back to testing and my mk1 sits in a box, I decided it was just better to get my control surface working and move on with other things.
Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by Greg_E.

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28800

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Greg_E wrote:
My thoughts are that the current available on the RS232 side of the adapter is so low that it can not handle keeping the charge pump up at operating voltage and therefor no data flows.

That's a very good point. The original Lightworks for which that console was designed used dedicated RS-232 cards that did provide the full swing. Not all motherboard-based ports do either, but at least have better current sourcing which would result in less voltage droop under load.

Greg_E wrote:
What I don't know is if the console really uses the handshake functions since most USB-TTL devices do not offer handshake.

Again, I believe that the Mk I console does use hardware handshaking to at least verify connection. Whether it serves any other purpose during data interchange I can't say.

Greg_E wrote:
My thoughts were always to go back and solder a USB to TTL device onto the circuit board and see what happens.

Neither of the above issues would be addressed by just doing that. You may get somewhere if you bypassed the MAX232 chip, but then you may also just completely stuff the console. It's probably worth experimenting if you are happy to potentially sacrifice a console or two.
Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by jwrl.

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28829

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
I already tried pulling the serial conversion chip, but this was before the utility was available to try and force initialization. I was able to get a terminal taking to it on USB and again after soldering the chip back in, but since I was never able to get the posrts down into comm1 or comm2 it never worked on XP of Win7. I got way too busy and gave up for now and returned the power supply back to the device I stole it from.

Often the trick of shorting RTS to CTS will get a system working, but it depends on whether they are actually using those signals to stop/start transmission or just to know if something is connected.

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 9 months ago #28831

• suitepost
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 8 years, 9 months ago
Hi all
please don't give up just yet.
I was told others on the forum have got it to work with a USB converter.
Series MK 1
Win 7 64bit.
On Comm 3
so it is possible.
ASUS G53SW Laptop
i7-2630QM, 2.0GHZ
8GB ram

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 7 months ago #32197

• spirocarras
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 8 years, 7 months ago
Can somebody send me the 64 bit console driver. I installed everything but it seend the 32 bit driver is not working since the console does not lit up. i made a cable and downloaded the demo utility as well

thanlks
Spiro Carras

Re: Mk1 Console - Windows 7 professional 64 bit drivers? 8 years, 7 months ago #32200

• klongman
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi Spiro, ask lightworks directly for the 64bit drivers, (email from the contacts page) my mk1 console did not light up either until the 64bit drivers were installed, so your setup my be fine

karl
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds
Scroll To Top