• Page:

TOPIC: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way

Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226724

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Hi,
I assigned a key in the shuttle Pro control panel, mirrored it in Lightworks - not working.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Lightworks 14; 64 Bit; Windows10; Aspire VX15, 16 GB;

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226729

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Usually the button keys work the way you expect, assuming it's been assigned to the keyboard. It's setting up the shuttle speed control where things get more complex.

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226730

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
yeah...usually, but not in my case....
Again I like to change the Lightworks predefined keays as they do not fit my needs.
I prefer the function I use when editing on the shuttle console - even the great Mark II hat8 USER defined buttons....

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226731

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
That should be relatively easy, I haven't changed the Lightworks settings, but I did an initial test with the Shuttle Pro before these were available, which involved setting it up from scratch. My setting were much more basic than the current ones

Which key settings are you having problems with?

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226733

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
many.... properly works only play and reverse play and Mark. Unmark, jump to next cut, jump to end, swap, switch etc. is set up properly in boths Lightworks key assignment and ShuttlePro controlpanel (editshare lightworks), but is not working!
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by Henry51. Reason: spelling

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226735

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Did you use apply when you made the changes?

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks, 1 day ago #226746

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
What does "it is not working" mean?

Basically, when pressing a key, the Shuttle sends a keystroke, which can be configured with the Contour Software. Lightworks receives the keystroke and performs the command assigned to the keystroke, which can be configured in the Lightworks key assignments.

To check which key the Shuttle sends, open the panel 'Key assignments', double click on any of the commands to open the panel 'Choose Key'. The field 'Press a key' will show the pressed key. Now you can perform actions on the Shúttle and see what keystrokes you receive and check the assignments for validity and correct, if necessary.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks ago #226822

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Not working means: NOT WORKING.
I'm familiar with the 'assign a key procedure'.
The whole thing is very strange! As it worked until a couple of days. NO changes made on the system, except Windows10 did an upgrade...

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 2 weeks ago #226823

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Henry51 wrote:
Not working means: NOT WORKING.

Aha.

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 1 week, 5 days ago #226989

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
It seems, that all the pre settings are gone now. Even If I reset to factory settings I cannot assign a key using the modifier. Contacted contour design also but no answer yet....

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 1 week, 5 days ago #226990

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Is your Shuttle Pro working correctly with other software? I'm just wondering if it's a hardware issue?

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 1 week, 5 days ago #226993

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
I only work with lightworks and shuttlePro.
But I agree with you: it must be a hardware issue.

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 1 week, 5 days ago #226994

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
The Contour Shuttle works also (read: has presets for) commonly used Browsers, like Firefox or Chrome, and it auto-detects the application in focus. On Browsers, the shuttle-wheel performs scrolling, the jog-wheel zooming.

This might help to find out if it's a hardware problem.

Re: Countour shuttle pro not responding the right way 1 week, 5 days ago #226997

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Interesting. Did not know that!
At least the scrolling works in Firefox!
I have a suspicions. I'm working on a Laptop with German keyboard.
Even when I change the language settings, it still a German keyboard, with all the Ü's Ö's Ä's and a completly different position of many of keys .

As I'm back more and more in editing I think about buying a desktop computer. You have any recommendation for motherboard , graphic-, sound-card, memory?
Thanks
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top