Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: German Kezboard (....you see the problem?)

German Kezboard (....you see the problem?) 4 months, 2 weeks ago #226472

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Having a laptop with a German keyboard means having problems with Lightworks and shuttle pro.
It may be a Windows10 problem?
After editing a while the language settings (which I do in W10, from German to English [United Kingdom])jumps automatically back to German, with the result, that the buttons on the Console and the kezboard for sure, don't work correct anymore.
Ideas and solutions welcome!
Lightworks 14; 64 Bit; Windows10; Aspire VX15, 16 GB;

Re: German Kezboard (....you see the problem?) 4 months, 2 weeks ago #226473

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Henry51 wrote:
Having a laptop with a German keyboard means having problems with Lightworks and shuttle pro.
It may be a Windows10 problem?
After editing a while the language settings (which I do in W10, from German to English [United Kingdom])jumps automatically back to German, with the result, that the buttons on the Console and the kezboard for sure, don't work correct anymore.
Ideas and solutions welcome!

As mentioned here some time ago, I use a German keyboard and don't switch the keyboard layout just for working with Lightworks. This needs to reconfigure a long list of key assignments, on both sides, Lightworks and Contour. Upon doing this initially, I decides to customize the key assignments of the Shuttle entirely, which meets my needs, but doesn't help people much who trained their muscle memory with the factory settings.

Please note: The default shortcut of Win10 to toggle the keyboard language is SHIFT+Left-ALT. Unfortunately, this combination is quickly pressed unintentionally and two of the default key assignments of Lightworks use it as modifyer.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: German Kezboard (....you see the problem?) 4 months, 2 weeks ago #226474

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
thanks. helps!
Lightworks 14; 64 Bit; Windows10; Aspire VX15, 16 GB;

Re: German Kezboard (....you see the problem?) 4 months, 2 weeks ago #226478

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
I just found that the hotkeys to switch the keyboard layout can be customized to some extend and even disabled.

To do that, press WIN+R and execute the following command (cut&paste):

Rundll32 Shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL input.dll,,{C07337D3-DB2C-4D0B-9A93-B722A6C106E2}

A panel opens.Assuming that your system language is German, on the panel, switch to 'Erweiterte Tastatureinstellungen', select one of the actions (here 'Zwischen Eingabesprachen') and click 'Tastaturkombination ändern'.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top