Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shuttle pro does not respond

Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187748

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
Its not that I prefer the shuttle vers the Mark II, but I wasn't able to get my old 1996 MarkII working in W10 (in W7 in worked) so I baught the shuttle pro...
I use W10 only for editing, very rarely I connect to the net. For that I have a different laptop.
What happens: When I opened the WIFi connection, Windows uploader starts in the background. at the same time AVIRA updated files.
Result: A complete crash with repeating blue window. Solution (says Microsoft)is to set Windows back and loosing all programs, but not the files.
I did so, it worked after reinstalling all projects in Lw are still there, but the Shuttle pro I cannot get to work anymore.
I can install (and uninstall) but it does not work in Lightworks. Yes, for sure I imported the reference files.
Any ideas? any help? Thanks!
Lightworks 12; 64 Bit; Windows7; Lenovo Y 500, 16 GB; Nvidia GT 650 M; Intel Core i7 2,4 Ghz
Serial MK II Console from 1996 with serial to USB adapter

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187750

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
Hello,

The Contour Shuttle appears to the operating system as HID USB Input device, basically a keyboard. There isn't any special driver needed to operate it, it's plug and play. The software downloadable from Contour is for configuration only.

The Shuttle has presets for all sorts of standard software, e.g.Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Excel, Outlook and what not. That's the point where you can check if it works, basically.

Unplug the Shuttle, restart your computer, plug-in the Shuttle, open e.g. Firefox, hit the buttons on the Shuttle and see what happens. If nothing happens, you have probably a problem with the hardware, the shuttle itself (not very likely), the cable or the USB port.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by hugly.

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187767

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187797

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
Thanks Briandry, but no.
it works for about 5 min, than totally dead.
I was desperate and tried (again) to install my old (1996 VIP console). Suddenly the famous blue window shows up saying that LWMoucon.sys crash my system...
Did not come out of this loop.
Solution was a complete reset of W10.
Will install everything today.
I'm still working with 12.6 have a buyout pro license and I hope it accept the new computer installation as I do not have the license key....
Lightworks 12; 64 Bit; Windows7; Lenovo Y 500, 16 GB; Nvidia GT 650 M; Intel Core i7 2,4 Ghz

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187812

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
I assume that you've tested that the shuttle hardware is in order.

Sadly, beyond this point I can't help anymore, because here on Win7 with Lightworks Pro V14.5 my Shuttle works flawlessly and I have no idea how to repair Microsoft legacy drivers on a corrupted installation of Windows 10.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by hugly.

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187813

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
I wonder if I can go back from W10 (baught with the laptop) to W7 and than install my old Mark II?

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187823

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
I've got to say that I'm surprised that you can't get a mark II to work on W10. I have a mark I working reliably on W10 Home. I'll do some checking later today my time and see what drivers I have installed and where they are.

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187824

• Henry51
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
I would be more than grateful, but jwrl, I'm talking about an old "VIP" Mark II, with a Serial to USB connector from STLab....

Re: Shuttle pro does not respond 1 year, 8 months ago #187829

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 1 year, 8 months ago
My mark I is much earlier than that, with a home brew USB to serial converter from STDI (same as STLab, I believe).

Search for LWMOUCON.sys, lwmoucon.ram and vipcons.ram. They should all be in C:\Windows\System32. If they are in C:\Windows\SysWOW64, move them. If you still have trouble I have a package that I can upload, but it isn't on this computer. Unfortunately I won't be able to get to it for several hours.
Last Edit: 1 year, 8 months ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds
Scroll To Top