Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work?

How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17670

• DJFJEKETE
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
I bought an old Lightworks Console Mk1 about 2 months ago and since then have tried everything to get it to work. I tried Rs-232 express cards, Usb to serial Adapters, Serial To USB USB, and also plugging it in to a VGA port which i now know will bot work. So I'm asking actually begging for someone to tell me how to get this thing working. What Laptop do i need, what operating system what everything exactly do i need cause I'm frustrated and at my wits end.

Hope to get some responses and Hope to get some help

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17671

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
Maybe this, haven't tried it:
lightworksbeta.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=25&id=17487&Itemid=269

Kind of gave up on my console for now and decided to just use the device I made.
Last Edit: 9 years, 4 months ago by Greg_E.

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17672

• DJFJEKETE
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
See i read stuff like that and i get completlely lost.......sorry but I'm not that good with computers i've never dealt with serial ports

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17673

• ABCRONNIE
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
Hi DJFJEKETE

Don't get to mad about this, we all had to start somewhere in the learning process. As Greg has mentioned and the post he refers will give you a contact website for the people who solved the OP's original post.

Here it is again www.rtcs.co.za/index.php?s=5&p=1 and I am sure you could ask him for example what he tested it on as he reprogrammed things.

Cheers

Ronnie
SYSTEM 1
Alienware M17X R3 Laptop Core i7 2760QM CPU
@ 2.4 Ghz.
8 Gig Ram 1600 DDR3
NVidia 560 M Graphics.
1.5 TB 7200rpm Seagate HDD. Raid 0
17" Full 1920x1080 LED Display
2 x USB 3, 1 x ESata, 1 Gig Ethernet, HDMI 1.4 O/P 2 x USB 2.0 Ports.
Display Port, Blu-Ray / DVD Recorder
Windows 7 64 Bit Pro SP 1. LightworksV11.5.1 Pro. 32bit & 64bit.
SYSTEM 2
Apple MACBook PRO Mid 2012 15inch
Software OS Software OS X 10.8.5
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Processor 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
6TB Thunderbolt Raid 5 Media Drive. 750GB Sys Drive

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17674

• DJFJEKETE
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
OMG!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!! ITS....ITS ALIVE!!!!! HOLY MOTHER OF GOD! ITS WORKING!!!! ITS WORKING!!!!!

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17675

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
Congratulations.

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17692

• Greg_E
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
So that driver from the third party is working? Did they give you a price for it?

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17694

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
It's a free download. From the website, "This is a demo version of the Lightworks Console Initialisation Utility and as such has functional limitations".

Also, "The demo version of the Lightworks Console Initialisation Utility requires the user to manually launch the utility. The user is then required to type in a sequence of characters before the console initialisation can occur". "The full version of the Lightworks Console Initialisation Utility does not require any user interaction, and can be launched automatically at Windows start-up (using a scheduled task) or when a user logs into Windows (by placing a link to the utility in the "Startup" Start Menu folder)".

Since I don't know whether the "sequence of characters" are dynamically obtained from the website or not, I can only guess here. I wouldn't use this utility for mission critical systems until clarification of the price (if any) for the full version is available. It may very well be possible for this utility to be turned off at that time.

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17697

• DJFJEKETE
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
Now does this utility work for any windows computer? I only tried it on my Desktop which has vista but Am getting a Sony for christmas, will it work on there?

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17698

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
Ask the developer.

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17700

• DJFJEKETE
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 9 years, 4 months ago
Whose the developer?

Re: How to get Lightworks MK1 Console to work? 9 years, 4 months ago #17704

• RTCS
After reading the "Console (LWMouCon)" section of this forum, there seems to be a lot of confusion caused by assumption, misguidance and hit-and-miss success in attempting to resolve the issue of Lightworks MkI and MkII serial-based consoles not working with the latest releases of the Lightworks software.

RTCS has developed the "Lightworks Console Initialisation Utility" that will get the Lightworks MkI and MkII serial based (RS232) consoles working.

The Lightworks Console Initialisation Utility will work on:
  • - any make of Windows compatible computer system (E.g. Sony, HP or "Boot Camp" Apple)
  • - any type of Windows compatible computer system, be it a laptop or a desktop machine.
  • - any 32-bit or 64-bit version of the Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 operating systems.
  • - any type of serial port (USB, PCI or motherboard). You do not have to upgrade your motherboard to one with an on-board serial port just to get the console working!
  • - any serial port number (not just COM1 and COM2) and with any working IRQ setting.

This is not a replacement for the Lightworks console driver, but a utility that get the drivers working.

If you’re unsure as to what any of the above means, the bottom line is:
The utility will work on any type of Windows computer that has the latest Lightworks console drivers installed and a working serial port.

A free demo version of the Lightworks Console Initialisation Utility has been made available for download from our website at the following address:
http://www.rtcs.co.za/index.php?s=5&p=1.
We strongly suggest you download the demo version of the utility and try it for yourself.

The demo version will never expire, so it can be used every day.
The demo version does not need an internet connection in order to function.
The only restriction with the demo version is that a randomly generated sequence of characters needs to be typed in by the user before the utility will initialise your Lightworks console. This is simply to encourage you to purchase the full version of the utility, which works exactly the same as the demo version, but does not require any user interaction.

An announcement about the availability and pricing of the full version of the utility will be made available shortly.

Happy editing,

RTCS
www.rtcs.co.za
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds
Scroll To Top