• steve
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago

Re: diy console? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #170575

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Theoretically yes, if it acts as a programmable keyboard controller on USB. You should test with the free version, but without any additional programmable functions keys it will be difficult to work with it in order to replace a keyboard.

As a matter of interest which version of Premiere runs on Linux?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: diy console? 3 months, 2 weeks ago #170599

• gr00by
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 months, 2 weeks ago
AFAIK you can use any controller which acts as an input device (mostly keyboard, but this does not matter). For example I controlled Lightworks with MIDI controller (midi to keyboard mapping/translation was required).
Canon C100 -- Manjaro Linux User

Re: diy console? 3 months ago #171732

• ArteD
    Pro User
  • 3 months ago
The main point of a controller is to make things easier and faster. For that it needs be well designed. One of the reasons the Lightworks Console is so good with Lightworks is because the software was basically designed around it.

So to just take any device just for the sake of having a controller of some sort, one might be just faster and more efficient getting used to editing with keyboard shortcuts.

If I didn't have a Lightworks Console or couldn't afford one, I would just buy the Lightworks keyboard. I think that would make editing more efficient than just having any controller for the sake of a controller.
I'm not employed by or officially represent Editshare or Lightworks. I'm just a Lightworks user.

Re: diy console? 3 months ago #171734

• Tamerlin
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 months ago
The Shuttle is pretty nice with Lightworks also. I'm gradually tweaking my profile to change the hotkey mapping, and gradually working toward being able to use the Shuttle in combination with an Intuos Pro. Eventually as I get my Elgato Streamdeck properly configured, I might be able to switch to using my Spectre as a tablet directly, with the Streamdeck providing the necessary keyboard actions so that I don't need to have the Spectre's keyboard accessible in order to edit.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top