Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Expensive!

Re: Expensive! 7 years, 5 months ago #56637

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
brdloush wrote:
I know I'm starting to be annoying with that, but have I already said that I'd love to se a video showing someone doing some real editing using LWKS Console?

I don't think this is real editing, that might be a bit uninteresting, but I don't know if you've seen this old video with someone operating it in a promotional video.

Re: Expensive! 7 years, 5 months ago #56664

• davidchecker
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
Yeah I've seen that, too. I can see brdloush's point - it would be nice to get a tutorial along the lines of what they've got going with the software, especially if they're going to charge 30x the cost of the software for it. I'm curious about the two handles - do they set shuttle points?

Re: Expensive! 7 years, 5 months ago #56698

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
The two handles/paddles are forward/reverse shuttle controls - the further you push the faster the material runs. No I can't guess what the maximum shuttle speed might be.

EDIT: Perhaps about 120fps
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by RWAV. Reason: Informtaion

Re: Expensive! 7 years, 5 months ago #56819

• ArteD
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
davidchecker wrote:
Yeah I've seen that, too. I can see brdloush's point - it would be nice to get a tutorial along the lines of what they've got going with the software, especially if they're going to charge 30x the cost of the software for it. I'm curious about the two handles - do they set shuttle points?

You got it backwards. It's the software that is priced 20x less or 1/20th of what it would normally be.
I'm not employed by or officially represent LWKS Software Ltd or Lightworks. I'm just a Lightworks user.
Last Edit: 7 years, 5 months ago by ArteD.

Re: Expensive! 7 years, 5 months ago #56824

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
especially if they're going to charge 30x the cost of the software for it.

Absolutely backwards - when Lightworks/Heavyworks on DOS cost the best part of AUD$50,000 without media drives (my first 9GB HDD cost about AUD$7,000 at the time and failed within six months) the console was included it remained so as the price came down to about $25,000 with the Lightworks Touch and of course was also included with the purchase of the Lightworks VIP, I had two of them and they were very profitable, with a list price of about AUD$200,000.

The console became a costed option with the release of the first software only Lightworks called Softworks. At that time the software was about $2,800 and the console about the same.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Expensive! 7 years, 5 months ago #56925

• davidchecker
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
I'm poor. I'm grateful as hell for a $60 package that far surpasses others that I've tried (Avid through Vegas, etc ...), but all the cost analysis in the world won't put one on my desk.

ANYWAY

It would still be interesting (and fun) to see some demos like are done for the software.

Re: Expensive! 7 years, 5 months ago #56982

• ArteD
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 5 months ago
It's a bit hard to convey what the Console truly is in a video. A tutorial can be done, bu that wouldn't help anybody to understand really how much of a difference it makes in your workflow. The best would be to try to get a hands on demo. But I know, fat chance right.
I'm not employed by or officially represent LWKS Software Ltd or Lightworks. I'm just a Lightworks user.
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top