Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months, 1 week ago #174533

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
If I change what Function does, the other 'Function+' keys stop working; I don't know how to make it just alter what 'Stop' does.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months, 1 week ago #174534

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
That's the macro:
Name=StopToggleEnableAll
Commands=Stop,Toggle enable all tracks

I've attached it as compressed file with the necessary naming conventions. Unzip and place it in
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Preferences
Restart Lightworks, search in key assignments for the name and assign it to a shortcut of your choice.
Test if it works as desired just from the keyboard - if it does, see how the Shuttle deals with the shortcut.
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months, 1 week ago #174610

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Okay - that seems a solution (perhaps) from Lightworks. I will be more specific.
As far as I can see, the modifier keys are set up as "Press modifiers" in the Contour Shuttle Device Configurator. So if button 1 produces 'X', in LIghtworks key assignments 'X' is mapped to the 'top level function' for that button. When you press the modifier e.g. 2nd level function, it does this by 'adding' e.g. Shift-Alt. So when you press button 1, it produces 'X', when you press button 1 + 2nd level modifier, Lightworks gets 'Shift-Alt-X' - mapped in LIghtworks to the 2nd level function for that key. So far, so good.

But pressing 'Stop' already produces 'Shift-Alt-k' - so pressing the Function button doesn't/can't change this.

So did he use a totally different configuration, or am I missing something about how the configurator works?

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months, 1 week ago #174660

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Okay, thanks hugly! The macro works.

So for someone starting from the Lightworks prefs:

- Open the configurator, and press the Shuttlepro 'Stop button' - currently assigned shift-alt-k: Assign it as k

- Unzip hugly's macro, and put it in C:\Users\Public\Documents\Lightworks\Preferences

- Open Lightworks, key assignments, and near the bottom of the list you'll see hugly's macro - assign shift-alt-k to this.

- Restart Lightworks.

Now Function adds Shift-Alt to the k from the Stop button. And hugly's macro creates a key that didn't exist before i.e. toggle all tracks on-off.

Any chance of another macro to select/deselect individual FX tracks (just like the existing ones for V1, V2, A1, A2 etc.)?

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months, 1 week ago #174665

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Sure, there are many commands related to selecting/deselecting tracks. It's not difficult to create your own macros, name a few examples you wish to see.

May I point you to a function which allows selecting one single track (or grouped tracks) and disabling all others which I frequently use - hover with the mouse over track name, hold down Right mouse-button and left-click.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months, 1 week ago #174671

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Select/deselect individual FX tracks?

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months, 1 week ago #174672

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months, 1 week ago
Sorry for not being precise enough. There are commands for V and A tracks, but there are no commands for FX tracks. I remember that there's a feature request on this.

The mouse action mentioned above applies also to FX-tracks.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 5 months ago #175261

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 months ago
If you're having problems removing your personal settings, when you want to use the official Editshare Lightworks settings for the ShuttlePro this should assist you:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=25&id=116168&limit=15&limitstart=15&Itemid=81#175241
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds
Scroll To Top