Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 2 years, 10 months ago #108634

• ghost355
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
but I think my layout will better because it will use five layers )))) both side Red buttons are still have Stop function, but each one of them can enable its own layer if you need more functions with your shuttle )))
Mac Book Pro Retina 15" Core i7 2.3GHz/ 16GB/ 512GB SSD
Lightworks v.12 Mac beta
Shuttle Pro v.2
Ext. HDD Touro 1 Tb 7200 rpm
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ghost355.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 2 years, 10 months ago #108643

• ghost355
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 years, 10 months ago
My beta edition of layouts of Shuttle for LWKS
There are 63 functions mapping to the shuttle keys )))
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Mac Book Pro Retina 15" Core i7 2.3GHz/ 16GB/ 512GB SSD
Lightworks v.12 Mac beta
Shuttle Pro v.2
Ext. HDD Touro 1 Tb 7200 rpm
Last Edit: 2 years, 10 months ago by ghost355.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 2 years, 9 months ago #110203

• Wound
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
Orca,

I was able to import the "Editshare Lightworks_WIN.prefs" file to my Contour Shuttle Control Panel and it is now showing in the list as "Editshare Lightworks". But I am unable to convince it to be actually used, when I start Lightworks. It always used the default "Lightworks" mapping, as delivered with the driver.

I have tried to set the target application, and I have tried to create new settings for Lightworks.exe from my current settings after choosing "Editshare Lightworks", but it did not work. Still the central button did "play" and not "mark".

Then I deleted the "Lightworks" settings, to prevent possible conflicts when choosing settings for an application, but since then, the controller does not work anymore in Lightworks at all. No scrubbing, no playing.

I'm on Windows 10 using Lightworks x64 12.6 and I have imported the "Contour Shuttle (Windows).prefs" in Lightworks.

EDIT: I have found the solution. My LW window was set to fullscreen. It prevented my task bar from showing up even when my mouse was close to the bottom edge of my screen. So first in Lightworks "System Settings..." I set "Fullscreen window" to "No", so the taskbar showed up. Then I followed this guide to always show the Contour Shuttle Icon on the taskbar: forums.contourdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6568

Now I was for the first time able to see, which executable the shuttle pro driver actually must be linked to. When hovering the SP icon it showed "ntcardvt.exe" instead of "Lightworks.exe". This explains a lot. Now I was able to activate the "Editshare Lightworks" settings and everything finally works as expected. Funny enough: I have switched LWKS back to Fullscreen and now even the task bar blends in, when I move the mouse to the lower edge.

I'm happy now. But why must there always be so many weird things to tackle with.

Thanks folks for figuring this setup out. Thanks for the improved setup ghost355, going to try that later. And thanks johngeronilla for the cool graphic. Going to print it. It is going help me getting into working with my new shuttle pro. This thread or excerpts should be pinned in the FAQ.
Last Edit: 2 years, 9 months ago by Wound. Reason: Found a solution

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 2 years, 9 months ago #110229

• johngeronilla
  • Pro User
  • Junior Boarder
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
So glad the new drivers/preferences got released. I had an older version of the shuttlepro. Works much better than my previous settings.

I made this for my reference:

Blueish text labels are first layer.
Warmish text labels are 2nd layer: Function Key
Greenish/yellowish tint are third layer: Trim Modes
White Layer is last layer: Tools

Not related, but I also made Function-Stop: Select All/Deselect All Tracks

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 2 years, 9 months ago #110230

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 years, 9 months ago
Good graphic.
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 11 months, 4 weeks ago #164955

• dtwkwok
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 11 months, 4 weeks ago
I am a new LW 12.6 user and also have bought LW shuttle pro v2. From the editshare youtube tutorial, it imports from LW a contourshuttle (window).prefs. I have no idea where this file is. Would anyone here point me to the right direction. I cannot find with Contour Design after installing the latest driver. I also can't find it in any LW program directory.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 11 months, 1 week ago #166095

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
Orca (post #108630 above) has offered us a good one - download it from his post.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 11 months, 1 week ago #166097

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
I have a problem with Shuttle Pro v2 in OSX.
Macbook Pro. Shuttle driver installed fine. Shuttle working fine for default Mac apps.

But in Lightworks with Mac Lightworks (or Orca's) prefs, jog and shuttle do nothing, and the shift/modifier buttons don't seem to do anything either.

Is there something I need to set in the Contour Shuttle menu to enable them?

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 11 months, 1 week ago #166103

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
You may need to set up the Lightworks key assignments, so that they match the ones your using in the ShuttlePro.

There are the Lightworks official settings, but if you go for a user's own button arrangement you'll have to set these up yourself.

Have look at the key assignments for speed and jog in your lightworks to see which keys are assigned to them and if these match with with the ShuttlePro's own Lightworks setting for jog and shuttle.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 11 months, 1 week ago #166163

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
Great, you're right - they don't. So I need a prefs file for the Shuttle (what the applet sends the OS when you press Shuttle buttons), and a matching one for Lightworks (how Lwks responds to keypresses, from whatever origin). Am I being dumb, or do I go to Orca and ask for a copy of his LIghtworks prefs file that matches the Shuttle prefs file?

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 11 months, 1 week ago #166175

• David Rasberry
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
There are Mac OS and Windows OS key prefs files matching the Editshare Lightworks Contour driver prefs file already listed in the import key prefs menu in Lightworks. You just need to load one.

In the Contour config app you have to assign NTcardVT.exe in the Lightworks program folder as the primary app for the Editshare Lightworks Contour pref file under options, at least that's how it works for Windows.
Be sure to pick the Editshare Lightworks pref file, not the one named Lightworks.
Razz

Digital Bolex 2k Cinema DNG raw camera
Canon GL2 DV camcorder
iPAD Mini 3 Iographer rig

Workstation: Intel i7-4770k, Asrock Z87 Thunderbolt 2 MB, 16GB 1866 DDR3 ram,
2TB Seagate Hybrid system drive, 2TB Seagate NAS media drive, E-sata III hot swap drive bay, Nvidia GTX760 2GB GPU
Lightworks kybrd. Shuttlepro v2
Win10 Pro 64bit, Lightworks 14.0 64bit

Mobile Workstation: MSI GTX72 Dominator
Intel i7-6700HQ 2.7GHz Win10 64bit
16GB DDR4 ram, 500GB M.2 SSD
Nvidia GTX970 3GB GPU
USB3, USB3.1-C, Thunderbolt 3 ports
Shuttlepro2 Win10 64bit LW 14.0 64 bit
Last Edit: 11 months, 1 week ago by David Rasberry.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 11 months, 1 week ago #166244

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 11 months, 1 week ago
Many thanks. It seems to now be working fine on my Macbook Pro. I think I had played around too much trying different .prefs & shuttle settings. For anyone else struggling, what worked for me was:

In Lightworks:
Preferences.Import. Contour Shuttle (Mac OSX).prefs

In Contour Design applet:
Cog symbol at bottom. Import. EditShare Ligtworks_OSX.shuttleSettings

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 8 months ago #174508

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 8 months ago
Can someone tell me how johngernilla made Function-Stop: Select/Deselect All Tracks? This sounds very useful!

It presumably needs a new Key Assignment as well as an addition to the Shuttle Configuration, but my inept fiddling so far hasn't revealed the trick of combining key presses.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 8 months ago #174527

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 8 months ago
I don't own a Shuttle Pro, but if it works with macros assigned to a key, which I think it should do, the commands "Stop" (K-key by default) and "Toggle enbable all tracks" (unassigned by default) together in a macro assigned to any available shortcut would be the first I'd try.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 8 months ago by hugly.

Re: The official Lightworks ShuttlePro v2 video. 8 months ago #174532

• Doofer
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 8 months ago
Yup, I guess it's putting them together I am struggling with.
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top