TOPIC: LW keyboard print out

Re: LW keyboard print out 7 years, 2 months ago #28170

• hcbf
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
A selfmade overview of the keyboard icons and functions without the keys

LW Keyboard 03 Icons.pdf

The same with german Mac-keybindings (special characters with alt+shift)

LW Keyboard 03 Icons+keys.pdf

The drawing was selfmade for training purposes. Same keysize as the newer Apple keyboards.
Enjoy.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The topic has been locked.

Re: LW keyboard print out 7 years, 2 months ago #28171

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
sennahojx wrote:
Hi res here (11,7 mp): http://i.minus.com/iPuHBxzpyjQl7.jpg I hope this isn't against any Lightworks law. If so I delete it.

You could, you know, just buy one!

Actually, we do not approve of unofficial copying of our official design. We own the copyright in this design, and without wanting to seem heavy-handed, we are not happy about this forum being used as a means to spread unauthorised copies of our intellectual property.

Re: LW keyboard print out 7 years, 2 months ago #28172

• sennahojx
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
Forum Admin wrote:
sennahojx wrote:
Hi res here (11,7 mp): http://i.minus.com/iPuHBxzpyjQl7.jpg I hope this isn't against any Lightworks law. If so I delete it.

You could, you know, just buy one!

Actually, we do not approve of unofficial copying of our official design. We own the copyright in this design, and without wanting to seem heavy-handed, we are not happy about this forum being used as a means to spread unauthorised copies of our intellectual property.

I just asking again to be sure, do you want me to delete it? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I understood your post fully. (remember I'm Swedish and English isn't my strong side)
Windows 10 Home 64bit, Intel Core i7 3770K @3,5GHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, MSI Z77A-G43, Seagate Barracuda 500GB C-drive, Seagate Barracuda 2TB D-drive.
johannesgustavsson.com
youtube.com/c/JohannesGustavssons
My Lightworks tutorials

Re: LW keyboard print out 7 years, 2 months ago #28174

• sterovetta
  • Gold Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
Forum Admin wrote:
We own the copyright in this design, and without wanting to seem heavy-handed, we are not happy about this forum being used as a means to spread unauthorised copies of our intellectual property.

A suggestion to make profit from the open-source model (following the example of the community-contributed documentation and technical support):

- A repository of user-contributed designs (layouts and graphic themes for several keyboard designs, alphabets, colours, key shapes...), freely downloadable
- A custom keyboard overlay (stickers) production service, paid-for
- A customized keyboard production service, paid-for

Not only would this generate a selection of custom designs for free, not only would it generate additional profit to support the project, but it would make the hardware match perfectly the extreme customisability of LW's key bindings.

Re: LW keyboard print out 7 years, 2 months ago #28179

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
I suspect having a large scale print out of the keyboard layout is a half way house to purchasing a Lightworks keyboard, as against buying a (or using your old) AVID or FCP keyboard. It allows you to easily see the layout and that a purpose designed Lightworks keyboard would be even better and faster than your standard keyboard.

hdf's icons are clearer than the keyboard picture, I guess because the numerical keyboard isn't included, so the key icons are larger.

Re: LW keyboard print out 7 years, 2 months ago #28185

• Forum Admin
    Pro User
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
@sennahojx said:

I just asking again to be sure, do you want me to delete it? I'm asking because I'm not sure if I understood your post fully. (remember I'm Swedish and English isn't my strong side)

No, it's ok because the design is "out there" anyway, (but we still own the copyright), but we don't want people making their own keyboards based on our design. What we do want is for people to buy the keyboard. Obviously.
Last Edit: 7 years, 2 months ago by Forum Admin.

Re: LW keyboard print out 7 years, 2 months ago #29336

• sennahojx
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 7 years, 2 months ago
I recently discovered that The Cue panel and the Project browser have swapped place, delete opens the Cue panel and F11 opens the Project browser. I have set my keyboard to English layout (it's a Swedish keyboard) so it should work correctly. I fixed it by changing the the keys in the settings. But I thought it was worth to post if someone other have the same problem.
Windows 10 Home 64bit, Intel Core i7 3770K @3,5GHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, MSI Z77A-G43, Seagate Barracuda 500GB C-drive, Seagate Barracuda 2TB D-drive.
johannesgustavsson.com
youtube.com/c/JohannesGustavssons
My Lightworks tutorials

Re: LW keyboard print out 2 years ago #158432

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 years ago
A high resolution print out is available on this thread:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=24&id=78122&Itemid=81#78122
Last Edit: 2 years ago by briandrys.

Re: LW keyboard print out 4 months ago #199688

• zinpaiz
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months ago
Very nice, Greg_E. Thanks for share.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top