Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 5 days, 15 hours ago #229536

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 15 hours ago
I missed this edit which describes, most likely, the cause of the trouble, no need for a screen recording.

Cuck00 wrote:
i deselected safe trimming to allow me to slip the audio beyond its clip. i then notice the fade on the clip in the sequence

You must not slip-trim subclips, because there's nothing to trim-in. Safe trimming would show that. Please see my explanation here.

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=20&id=228633&limit=15&limitstart=15&Itemid=81#229534

I'd suggest keeping safe trimming enabled, for the time being.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 days, 15 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 5 days, 13 hours ago #229539

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 13 hours ago
Update:

Now, that I know what it is caused by, I can reproduce this "auto fade-out" on slip-trimmed audio on subclips. It is a truly surprising phenomenon. It doesn't look to me like a bug, but a deliberately added feature. I'm still mulling over practical benefits. In fact, it must have very good reasons, because it breaks one of the basic rules of subclips in Lightworks: Subclips have no handles. But, handles only on one side with a fade-out added don't make any practical sense to me.

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 5 days, 1 hour ago #229569

• Cuck00
  • Junior Boarder
  • 5 days, 1 hour ago
So I am a bit confused as to how I can achieve the desired outcome. David mentioned that I should create the sub clips like this so was following that method as live editing will not work for me.

David also mentioned copying the sequence with the trace option . (In a different post that was)

So if I create the sequence with subclips (that aren’t supposed to have info either side of the cut) but then copy it with trace, then they will have data either side of the clips? Why not just allow the trace on the first create ?
I am going to have so many clips and copy’s by the time I get the the end of the 2 hour shows (5 of)

Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks
Last Edit: 5 days, 1 hour ago by Cuck00.

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 5 days, 1 hour ago #229570

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 1 hour ago
I wonder why you disabled safe trimming instead of creating a trace to trim and, what is the reason for slip-trimming the audio in the timeline, sync issues?

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 4 days, 23 hours ago #229573

• Cuck00
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 23 hours ago
Yes I had sync issues and trace is not an option when selecting a bin of clips and making a sequence.
The method I used to creat clips was from ranked markers in the source for each play scene and choosing make >subclips. Put these in a new bin. (A set for each show) then put ranged markers in the where I wanted to cut to each performances cuts. I then did the same again to create subclips which are my rough cut.
It is at this point I needed to slide one of the performances clips as it has a sync issue.
At no point have I seen trace as an option yet as I have not copied any sequence yet.

Is there a better way of doing considering I have the sync issue on one whole performance recording.

I need to trim on all shot changes a bit to fine tune. I imagine everyone would also. Some need sliding.

Apologies if my terminology is not correct.

On a clip sequence I may want to use the audio of the first video clip and carry that to the end of the sequence as the others were poor quality. Is this not good practice? What is my alternative?

Thanks

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 4 days, 7 hours ago #229592

• Cuck00
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 7 hours ago
I cant find anything in the 2020.1 user guide about trace. are there old manuals that explain this?
thanks

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 4 days, 7 hours ago #229595

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 7 hours ago
Making a traced sequence is part of a timeline menu change in V2020 is now found make > copy > conversions > trace. Then press create

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 4 days, 7 hours ago #229597

• Cuck00
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 7 hours ago
thanks briandrys. If i hover of trace command the hover tip shows that it changes subclips/syncs to clips. is this why i will then be able to access frames beyond the clips i need if i need to?

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 4 days, 6 hours ago #229602

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
Try and see, but please, make sure that 'Safe trimming' is enabed.

Re: Audio nodes and level selector showin in tutorials is not available 4 days, 6 hours ago #229605

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 6 hours ago
The old V10 beta guide gives this:

This feature allows you to trace back from subclips to their original clips. Where
an edit is made of subclips, the Trace command produces a version of the edit
with the original clips as sources instead of the subclips.

Note that "edit" is "sequence" in the terminology of the later versions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds
Scroll To Top