Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: VEGAS Key shortcuts?

VEGAS Key shortcuts? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220866

• seldo758
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Hi, i´m a coming from VEGAS user. I know that there´s a key assignaments tab inside Lightworks where i can choose the layout similar to various programs like Avid, Final cut, etc. I´ve been searching on the forum if someone have designed the VEGAS layout before, but i can´t find nothing. Somebody knows where i can get this layout?

Re: VEGAS Key shortcuts? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220871

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
You can easily set it up yourself. Click on the cogs icon in the Lightworks entry screen and from the drop down menu that appears, select keyboard assignments. Then just go through and set up the assignments that you want. You can save those custom settings as well, so that any future Lightworks update can easily be setup the way that you want.

Re: VEGAS Key shortcuts? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220877

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Hello,

I cannot say that I'm very familiar with it, but I edit from time to time to time on Vegas 16. The editing paradigm of Lightworks is quite different, which means the most efficient workflows are different.

I don't know how familiar your are with Lightworks, but if you are not, I recommend watching some of the official video tutorials, prior to starting reassigning keyboard shortcuts. Afterwards (after a while of practicing), you can decide which you need, if any, and which not.

Below you'll find a set of video tutorials I recommend watching. The first refers to V14, the rest to an earlier version. The GUI of the earlier version appears different, but most of the shown procedures apply and, the style of this GUI still lives as 'Flexible layout' with the current release.

Lightworks v14 - Quick Start Guide

Demo Project Tutorial Videos

It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by hugly.

Re: VEGAS Key shortcuts? 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220882

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Having come from Vegas, the Lightworks paradigm is quite different. You could use the Vegas shortcuts via the key assignments, but the Lightworks ones are more streamlined and logical for editing than those used in Vegas.

Last Edit: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by briandrys.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top