Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reduce sensitivity of the mouse on the timeline (Or turn off).

Reduce sensitivity of the mouse on the timeline (Or turn off). 1 month ago #213599

How can i reduce this sensitivity or just as good disable the mouse scroll function on the timeline?

I have an apple magic mouse which use some kind of touch pad rather than a scroll wheel. It's very easy to accidentally rest my finger on it, and while this is fine in any other walk of life (e.g. scrolling through the web), it make the timeline in Lightworks jump all over the place. The red curser head rapidly moves from cut to cut almost with a life of its own.

Cheers!

Re: Reduce sensitivity of the mouse on the timeline (Or turn off). 1 month ago #213600

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Hello,

Unfortunately, there's no way from within Lightworks to disable or modify the behaviour of the mouse wheel. Perhaps worth a feature request?

It might sound strange, but from my point of view, the best bet you have currently, beside of trying to keep the finger away, is using a two (or three) button mouse with a scroll wheel with mechanical steps. I use one which allows toggling the stepping on/off.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 month ago by hugly.

Re: Reduce sensitivity of the mouse on the timeline (Or turn off). 1 month ago #213601

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
You don't an expensive mouse with Lightworks. I bought a cheap own brand mouse from that well known online retailer and it works very well with Lightworks.

Re: Reduce sensitivity of the mouse on the timeline (Or turn off). 1 month ago #213602

• timzett
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
Or if other applications will still feel convenient enough, try changing the mouse settings within the operating system to see if it helps.
Lwks x64 Beta 2020.1 revision 120537, pro license, on Windows 10

HARDWARE:
.Intel Core i7-4710HQ Quad-core 2,50 GHz, 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM
.GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M with 4 GB RAM
.Sound: Onboard (Realtek)
.Disks: 250 GB SSD internal (OS/programs), 1 TB SATA internal for source footage

CAMs: Sony PXW-X70, NEX-5n, Xiaomi Yi 1080p

Re: Reduce sensitivity of the mouse on the timeline (Or turn off). 1 month ago #213661

Hey all, really appreciate the quick responses. Lightworks is my first ever NLE so it's awesome to know that there is an active community behind it!

Shame there is no immediate solution, but great to know the support is there!

Cheers
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top