• Page:

TOPIC: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip

Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 2 months ago #205901

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi Folks
When I switch to a flexible layout on an existing project the timeline only shows a single clip - the extra audio tracks I added are missing as well.

How is this supposed to work in practice? How can I see my entire project clips as arranged in the fixed layout?

Thanks
G

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 2 months ago #205907

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months ago
Be aware that you may have to open the sequence you're working in the other layout on when switching layouts. Each layout opens on the sequence/arrangement that you were last using in that particular layout, so because you were working on a sequence in the fixed layout it doesn't mean it'll be automatically opened in the flexible layout.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 2 months ago #205908

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Hi
I reviewed Appendix B (flexible layout) of the user guide and it did not enlighten me about how to view the complete timeline or sequence in flexible layout.

How do I find that?

Thanks
G
Last Edit: 2 months ago by G0bble.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 2 months ago #205909

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months ago
In the User Guide, on 258, you will see the icons on the side of the viewer. click on number 4. the one with the parallel lines to open the associated timeline.

Click on the record button (lower right on the viewer to work on a sequence (the outline goes red). Note, if there is no record button, you've opened a source clip. Only one sequence can be in record mode at any time.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 2 months ago #205913

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months ago
The existing sequences in your project can be found in the project content box, which you may need to open if you have not already done so.

See also the tutorials in the tutorial-category "Content Managmant".

See also:www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=26&id=142324&Itemid=81
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 14.6 Beta & 14.5; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 2 months ago by schrauber.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 2 months ago #205945

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 2 months ago
Found it ! thanks! For some odd reason everytime I clicked the Edit button - a new empty sequence was being created and displayed ... Not sure of the design rationale around it.

Edit: Oh heck! I get it - that button is a "create new sequence" not "display sequence" ...

Deleted the extra ones ...

G
Last Edit: 2 months ago by G0bble.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 15 hours ago #209042

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 days, 15 hours ago
Why cant I drag the content manager into another screen? My flexible layout is limited to a single screen .. I want only timeline and viewer in one screen ...

G

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 15 hours ago #209044

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 15 hours ago
Don't ask why, ask how - it's easier to explain.

On the start screen (aka project browser), from System Setting make sure that 'User Interface.Fullscreen window' is disabled. Then, drag the main Window to expand to your full desktop.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 days, 15 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 15 hours ago #209045

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 15 hours ago
In the flexible layout, you can close the content manager when you don't need it, then reopen it again.

The User guide gives this, I don't know if it assists:

Using Multiple Monitors

If you have only one monitor, the full screen display uses that monitor, obscuring the user interface. If you have dual monitors, only the extended display is used for full screen display, allowing to view the user interface and full playback screens at the same time. It is recommended that both displays are of the same resolution.

STEPS
1.OS X or macOS systems only: In Finder, open System Preferences > Mission Control, and untick ‘Displays have separate spaces’.
2.Open the System Settings menu and select User Interface > Full Screen Preview.
3.Select the monitor you want to use for full screen playback from the drop down list.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 15 hours ago #209046

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 days, 15 hours ago
No matter what I do I am stuck within the boundaries of the single LWKS window

I tried fullscreen preview monitor 1|2 and switched to full screen, the LWKS window occupies the primary monitor then I tried going off full screen and dragging to monitor 2 again my boundaries are well defined by LWKS window.

My monitors are a different resolution one is 2k the other is 4k. Is that a problem?

G

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 15 hours ago #209048

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 15 hours ago
With a spanned desktop, displays with different resolution won't look consistent, not only with Lightworks. You can try adjusting 'User Interface.Appearance' from system settings.

If you cannot resize the window after disabling full screen of Lightworks, you might be still in full screen of your OS (read: the current windows is set to maximize)?
Last Edit: 5 days, 15 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 14 hours ago #209049

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 days, 14 hours ago
hugly wrote:
With a spanned desktop, displays with different resolution won't look consistent, not only with Lightworks. You can try adjusting 'User Interface.Appearance' from system settings.

If you cannot resize the window after disabling full screen of Lightworks, you might be still in full screen of your OS (read: the current windows is set to maximize)?

I can resize no problem, thas not the issue. I want to drag the content manager/vectorscope only to monitor 1 while I use monitor 2 for LWKS timeline and viewers...

G

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 14 hours ago #209051

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 14 hours ago
Good plan, should work, what hinders you?

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 14 hours ago #209057

• G0bble
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 5 days, 14 hours ago
hugly wrote:
Good plan, should work, what hinders you?

I am unable to drag subwindows of LWKS out of the main window of LWKS...

G

Re: Switched to flexible - timeline missing all but one clip 5 days, 14 hours ago #209058

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 days, 14 hours ago
That's correct, there are no child window outside the main window. You have to expand the main window to span over your displays to be able to move the panels/windows within the main window.
Last Edit: 5 days, 14 hours ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top