Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Using Lightworks for Live Theatre Presentation?

Using Lightworks for Live Theatre Presentation? 2 months, 1 week ago #194566

• Craig Marshall
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I've been booked to present a talk along with movie clips and stills to a large audience in a venue equipped with a modern digital projector. Naturally, I installed Lightworks on my high powered laptop so if I extend my Desktop to the second monitor, (in this case, the venue's HDMI Projector) and switch on F12 Full Screen display in the projector, I will be able to present without the audience seeing GUI mouse movements, etc.

Fortunately, my Dell laptop is powerful enough to play my uncompressed RGB AVI and ProRes YUV video Masters in real time in Lightworks but my question is, what other media player software is readily available which would also allow me to display a full screen image on the projector whilst I prepare the next clip on my laptop's GUI screen?
Custom Haswell z87 i7 3.9Ghz 4770
System SSD, 16TB Internal RAID 0, Cache SSD
16GB DDR3, Thunderbolt, Nvidia GTX 970 G1 Maxwell GPU
Lightworks Pro with DNxHD license
Resolve 15 with OxygenTec ProPanel
X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
2 x 24" HD GUI, 24" 10bit Rec.709 IPS Monitor
12G Decklink 4K SDI Pro>HD-Link Pro>Display Port
Sony 55" X9005B 4K Client Monitor
Sony Super 35 HD camera with Atomos ProRes Recorder
4x4" matte box/follow focus. Zeiss 'Contax' FF primes with Metabones 'Speed Booster'
Rode NTG-3/I-Rig XLR Phantom preamp
HDvideo4K.com

Re: Using Lightworks for Live Theatre Presentation? 2 months, 1 week ago #194568

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
I did exactly this for Paul Hogan's stand up tour a few years back. What we did was edit a one second graphic between each clip. The staging team hit pause at each graphic, then when Paul referred to the next, hit play. The result was a smooth presentation where every clip was precisely on cue to Paul's very ad lib presentation.

If you prepare something like that it should be possible for you to give a smooth presentation without too much hassle.

Re: Using Lightworks for Live Theatre Presentation? 2 months, 1 week ago #194574

• Craig Marshall
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Yes, I've already tested this scenario with my laptop's HDMI plugged into our 4K TV then tested Lightwork's various output options. I'd like to use my PC's Decklink card's SDI output for better quality but this extra complexity is probably not justified as the venue's projector's less than HD resolution is the weakest link in the chain.

It just seemed to be the ideal scenario for a live presentation.
Custom Haswell z87 i7 3.9Ghz 4770
System SSD, 16TB Internal RAID 0, Cache SSD
16GB DDR3, Thunderbolt, Nvidia GTX 970 G1 Maxwell GPU
Lightworks Pro with DNxHD license
Resolve 15 with OxygenTec ProPanel
X-Keys Pro 68 key USB Jog/Shuttle controller
2 x 24" HD GUI, 24" 10bit Rec.709 IPS Monitor
12G Decklink 4K SDI Pro>HD-Link Pro>Display Port
Sony 55" X9005B 4K Client Monitor
Sony Super 35 HD camera with Atomos ProRes Recorder
4x4" matte box/follow focus. Zeiss 'Contax' FF primes with Metabones 'Speed Booster'
Rode NTG-3/I-Rig XLR Phantom preamp
HDvideo4K.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds
Scroll To Top