Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Add new Keys or analog Joystick for funktion to color grading ?

Add new Keys or analog Joystick for funktion to color grading ? 5 months ago #176877

• bob-hawk
Is there a way to use the position info of a joystick for zb zoom or audio volume

and / or to use keys for controllers that were previously only with mouse to use

I miss some functions

in the settings menu Zoom in and out can be assigned to keys

for color grading .... contrast or similar functions, buttons can not be assigned
Last Edit: 5 months ago by .

Re: Add new Keys or analog Joystick for funktion to color grading ? 5 months ago #176878

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Hello and welcome!

Any controller which is detected by the operating system as a keyboard can be used to assign shortcuts. Additionally, Mackie protocol is (partially) supported to control audio levels with compatible devices. There's no specifc control interface for color grading (for effects in general) beside of mouse and keyboard.

Originally Lightworks has been designed for use with the Lightworks Console as input device. Beside of a set of function-keys the main human interface there is basically a jog wheel to move back and forth at various speeds for precise trimming and cutting.

As far as I'm aware of, there's no interface/driver to the specific functions of a joystick (or game controller). There should be software which turns a joystick into a mouse, if that's of any help.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 5 months ago by hugly.

Re: Add new Keys or analog Joystick for funktion to color grading ? 5 months ago #176882

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
bob-hawk wrote:
... in the settings menu Zoom in and out can be assigned to keys ...
This only affects display of the segment length and audio waveform in the timeline to make editing easier. It is not a video effect. It does not affect the exported video.

bob-hawk wrote:
... for color grading .... contrast or similar functions, buttons can not be assigned

Do you have to repeat identical settings frequently?
Maybe you want to tell us about your usual workflow?
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Windows 10, 64 Bit
Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz) ; Intel HD Graphics 4600

Re: Add new Keys or analog Joystick for funktion to color grading ? 5 months ago #176957

• bob-hawk
Thank's the Mackie-Protokoll it's Good who can i found this Funktion Doku?

Re: Add new Keys or analog Joystick for funktion to color grading ? 5 months ago #176960

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 5 months ago
Unfortunately, there's no documentation of the implementation of Mackie protocol for Lightworks, at least I don't know any.

See if this information is of any help: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=8&id=155038&Itemid=81#155073
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds
Scroll To Top