Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99320

• billdiver
  • Edu User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Great, it works for me now, though I haven't tried it on any black project yet, no bad problems on my current things . . .
a couple of minor suggestions : could the green be a bit more saturated, or towards the blue, so partially colourblind people, like me, get a clearer difference from the yellow (it's things covering a small area that are the problem)
and it would be nice if the box cold be expandable if that's not a hard thing to do . . .
Sony Vaio Windows 8.1
Intel Core i7-3632QM CPU 2.20GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7650M 2GB RAM

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99322

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
rhinox202 wrote:
AutoIt Error - Line 10200 - Error: Variable used without being declared.

I'll do some more testing. It probably has to do with your empty DefNetDrive.txt file.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99331

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
I think I got it working OK now. Please let me know if you find more bugs. Trying to keep track of what folders to use and not use and use only if nothing is defined in the DefNetDrive.txt file and not use when drives are defined in UnmountedDrives.txt and if the Moon is in a 3/4 phase and Saturn has reached perihelion, has been more complicated that I first expected.

I've added a clip (shots) count in the list and a button to list the shots in a project. These are taken from the project database file (.odb file).

LWKSProjFix.zip
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by khaver.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99334

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Made another quick addition. The shot list now contains the original location(s) of the source clips as found in each shots ED5 file.

LWKSProjFix.zip

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99339

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
No more bugs on my end. One thing that would be nice to have is a progress bar. Two of my projects are small, 16 and 92 shots, while the third one is big, 259. As such it takes a while to check and at times the application appears to hang.

Anyway, the progress bar could simply work off the total number of shots and increment after each iteration of the loop, that I assume, you are using.

Other than that, great work! No doubt others will find it very useful.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by rhinox202.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99340

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
rhinox, thanks for the feedback. I'll add a progress bar soon.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99366

• Wim
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Again a great tool from you, khaver ! Did a test in RC6 with a 4 projects, 2 of them in 25 fps 1080i, rest in 50 fps 1080p. I knew that something was wrong in the project "Texel" and indeed a fix brougt "Texel" from red to green.....FULL HIT, man !!!!! Then I deleted from one of the "TEST 50p" projects, one clip (50 fps 1080p) from the Content Manager >>> (att. 1), and checked again >>>> att. 2. Closed everything and restarted pc W7 64 bit.........same as att.2. The edit in the project is still as att. 1. Cheers, Wim
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99367

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Wim, thanks for testing.

In your second scenario, you deleted the clip using the content manager. When you then checked the project with LWKSProjFix it showed green. This is expected because my program only looks in the project database file looking for all active (non-deleted) shots and then searches for the link files and original source clips. Deleted clips are flagged differently and a user may not want clips that they've deleted returning to their projects. If this is a feature request you'd like to see, I'll do some testing to see if it's possible and maybe add it as an option. This may involve editing the project database file which I am reluctant to do. In it's current state, my program does not change any of the files contained in the project folder, it only moves or creates new link files that are in the MATERIAL and SOUND folders.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99370

• Wim
  • Pro User
  • Gold Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
If this is a feature request you'd like to see,

No Gary, that's not what I'm after. I understand your explanation and the "prove of the pudding" for me was how the "Texel" project could be fixed. Thanks again for your creativity; as you said the progress bar will make it a very usefull tool!!! Cheers,Wim

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99383

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Latest version (v0.3) adds a progress bar during checking and fixing. I also fixed the sort order in the project list to match the list in Lightworks when it's sort order is set to the date (it uses the modification date of the project database file).
This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

billdiver wrote:
a couple of minor suggestions : could the green be a bit more saturated, or towards the blue, so partially colourblind people, like me, get a clearer difference from the yellow (it's things covering a small area that are the problem)
and it would be nice if the box cold be expandable if that's not a hard thing to do . . .

bill, if you slide the right edge of the status box to the right (expand the box) you will see status numbers. 1=green, 2=red, 3=yellow, 4=black.

Also note, you cannot fix a "black" project. Black means "not fixable". Usually it means there are no shots listed in the database file or the database file is missing or corrupt.

LWKSProjFix.zip
Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by khaver.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99387

• rhinox202
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Works great. One final suggestion, unless you had another thought, was to disable the main GUI while the progress bar is visible. That or make it "always on top". I can see some users clicking around and subsequently "loosing" the progress bar.

Anyway, good job on another useful Lightworks tool. I don't see it happening, but it would be nice if someone at EditShare added this (and possibly some of your other stuff) to the Useful Tools Downloads page.
Intel Core 2 Quad (Q6600) :: 4GB :: 256GB SSD :: 1TB HD :: EVGA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti :: Win 10 Pro (1709) :: Lwks 14.1 Beta

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99389

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
Progress box now stays on top. Thanks rhinox.

LWKSProjFix.zip

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99397

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
One further suggestion, but a cosmetic one: If you have somewhere on the frame a legend of the various colours used and their meanings it would be helpful to new users. Here's one I prepared earlier.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99398

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
jwrl, good idea.

Re: Lightworks Project Fixer - Beta Version 3 years, 6 months ago #99401

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 6 months ago
The wording could probably be improved though.
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top