Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not getting the correct export screen!

Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80612

• Allen Morse 3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
I CANNOT get anything but the Archive screen in the Export menu! Have tried for several hours and just get the same thing over & over again! All functions to save to a media file are grayed out and not accessible! Why is this? I don't need an Archive!!! I want to send the Edit directly to a .avi file without all the other stuff! My Export window does not match what is shown in the tutorial at all. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Re: Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80614

• sennahojx
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Archive and youtube export are the only options available in the free version. In the drop-down menu under targets select "Youtube (H264/mp4)".

BTW: make sure that you are using the latest version, v12.0 or the latest BETA
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i7 3770K @3,5GHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, MSI Z77A-G43, Seagate Barracuda 500GB C-drive, Seagate Barracuda 2TB D-drive.
ovratorparensfoton.weebly.com
youtube.com/anonymjly
My Lightworks tutorials
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by sennahojx.

Re: Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80616

• nouanda
  • Pro User
  • Expert Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
Can you send a print screen of your export options? When you click "Lightworks archive", it should open the list of available export options, and the "YouTube (H.264/MP4)" shall be available as in the attached file.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80820

• Allen Morse 3
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
You cannot save to your computer with the free version!!!Pretty useless piece of software if you ask me! May have to uninstall and try and find another piece of software that allows editing and saving of the movie. I have [u]zero[u] need of an editor that will only upload to Youtube as I don't have an account and can't start an account because I am fully blocking Google from acquiring any information and they won't let me start one! I now have to consider whether it is even worthwhile to keep this program on my computer. At least you should be able to save a movie to your local drive on any piece of software offered no matter whether it is free or not! Obviously if I have to pay for this feature it's more worthwhile purchasing Adobe Final Cut Pro than running this very user unfriendly Lightworks program.
Last Edit: 3 years, 4 months ago by Allen Morse 3. Reason: add material

Re: Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80823

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
You cannot save to your computer with the free version!!!
That is simply wrong. Could you please do as requested and post a screen shot of what you see when you select Export. Also please advise what it is that you are trying to export.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80827

• sennahojx
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
You don't need to upload it to youtube. You don't need to use the upload function. You can save it to your computer.
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, Intel Core i7 3770K @3,5GHz, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM, ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti, MSI Z77A-G43, Seagate Barracuda 500GB C-drive, Seagate Barracuda 2TB D-drive.
ovratorparensfoton.weebly.com
youtube.com/anonymjly
My Lightworks tutorials

Re: Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80846

• frandesouza
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
I think we are in front of a fringe event...maybe in a parallel universe, some strange chain of decisions made Adobe develop "Final Cut Pro".
Call Dr. Walter Bishop!
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit - Service Pack 1
Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz - 16GB RAM DDR3
MoBo: Asus P8H77-M - Graphics: Geforce GT630 2GB DDR3
HDD: WD 500GB SATA II (system drive) + WD 1TB SATA II Black Edition (work drive)
LG M-Disc ready CD/DVD burner.
Audio: Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 & Behringer MS16 monitor speakers
Contour Design Shuttle Pro v2

Re: Not getting the correct export screen! 3 years, 4 months ago #80847

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 years, 4 months ago
maybe in a parallel universe
Has Doctor Who reached Uruguay?
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation