Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: converting 30fps to 25fps

converting 30fps to 25fps 6 years, 10 months ago #30089

• PC92
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
Hi,
I#m just wondering if there is a good way to konvert the framerate of my files.
I have got to different files here, recorded with two different cameras.
I tried the xilisoft hd video converter and it worked quite well and the WMP plays them,
but lightworks can't use them. After the import the video appears all "green".

Thanks!
Last Edit: 6 years, 10 months ago by PC92.

Re: converting 30fps to 25fps 6 years, 10 months ago #30095

• donkpow
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
The easiest way to convert videos with different frame rates to 24 fps is to make your project settings to 24 fps. LWKS will convert all imported videos in the project to 24 fps.

I don't think that's the problem here. Green screen usually means the video codec is not supported. What are the details of the files you are trying to import?
HP Z600 5570
PNY Quadro K620
SB Audigy SE
Windows 7 Pro
ShuttlePRO v2

Re: converting 30fps to 25fps 6 years, 10 months ago #30105

• khaver
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 years, 10 months ago
There are several ways to convert 30fps to 25fps, but you'll need to do them outside of Lightworks.

1) Use a program to remove 1 out of every 6 frames (Virtualdub should be able to do this). This causes jerky video.
2) Use a program to interpolate the motion between frames to provide smooth motion (Avisynth with Smoothfps function can do this). This sometimes causes artifacts in the interpolated frames.
3) Simply change the fps in the file from 30fps to 25fps (Virtualdub can do this). The video will play back slower and audio will not be in sync.
Work Comp: Retired!
Home Comp: Newer! Bigger! Faster!
Send me a tip: paypal.me/4khaver

Re: converting 30fps to 25fps 2 months, 1 week ago #197495

This doesn't work if you're also importing external sync audio. Is there a way of converting the 30 fps footage to 25fps before you import to a project?

Re: converting 30fps to 25fps 2 months, 1 week ago #197497

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Welcome to the forum.

As mentioned, you'll need to do this with third party software before importing, you can't do it in Lightworks.

However, you could try creating a mixed frame rate project and then exporting your completed project at 25 fps.

Re: converting 30fps to 25fps 2 months, 1 week ago #197498

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
Hello,

Neville Farmer wrote:
Is there a way of converting the 30 fps footage to 25fps before you import to a project?

Yes, try this procedure with Eyeframe Converter and set frame rate to 25 fps.

However, you've reanimated a quite old thread which refers to outdated versions of Lightworks and solutions might not apply to your problem. Maybe you wish to explain your problem in more detail?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: converting 30fps to 25fps 2 months, 1 week ago #197518

• haraldthi
  • Pro User
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2 months, 1 week ago
khaver wrote:

2) Use a program to interpolate the motion between frames to provide smooth motion (Avisynth with Smoothfps function can do this). This sometimes causes artifacts in the interpolated frames.

I've done this in ffmpeg (at high quality settings) and it's slow as heck but I haven't seen much artifacts.
This bash script converts to 50fps in prores, if it's any inspiration:
nice -19 ffmpeg -i $1 -filter:v "minterpolate='fps=50:mi_mode=mci:mc_mode=aobmc:vsbmc=1'" -c:v prores -profile:v 2 -ar 48000 -ac 2 -c:a pcm_s32le $2
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.37 seconds
Scroll To Top