Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Proxy videos are blurry when exported

Proxy videos are blurry when exported 4 days ago #235580

• wisher2015
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 days ago
Hello,, i am not a pro in video editing but i used lightworks 2016 free version with no problem until i upgraded it to 2021.1 version recently and i found out that my proxy videos on the previous lightworks version have poor quality when exported. I understand that making proxy videos will make video quality poor for the sake of editing but must retain its original quality after exporting. I don’t know how figure out what was the problem that affecting my video quality after exporting because i used proxy videos in the old version and it works fine. My problem is that my external drive was damaged and i cannot recover my files so i was happy when i learned that some of my videos have proxies in lightworks and still playable. Now i tried to edit some of them and export them through this 2021.1 version but not happy with the quality.All my proxy videos are from 4k videos because i shoot them on my gopro. Please help me solve this. Thank you in advance.

Re: Proxy videos are blurry when exported 3 days, 23 hours ago #235581

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 23 hours ago
Unfortunately if you do not have your originals, the proxies are the best you have.

The proxy files stand-in for the originals while editing - this enables editing material with high resolution originals. At export LW automatically addresses those original files; they are essential to the proxy workflow.

My problem is that my external drive was damaged and i cannot recover my files
Sounds like you have lost your high resolution originals.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
Last Edit: 3 days, 5 hours ago by RWAV.

Re: Proxy videos are blurry when exported 3 days, 11 hours ago #235616

• wisher2015
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
So sad to hear that sir

Re: Proxy videos are blurry when exported 3 days, 11 hours ago #235617

• wisher2015
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
So sad to hear that sir. Is there any way i can or software that can fix the quality of my files?

Re: Proxy videos are blurry when exported 3 days, 11 hours ago #235621

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
If what you see are low resolution proxies and the high resolution media are lost, the answer is no, unfortunately not.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Proxy videos are blurry when exported 3 days, 3 hours ago #235644

• wisher2015
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 3 hours ago
Yeah i lost all my original files because my external druve was damaged. Lesson learn for me to always make a back up copy. Anyways thank you for answering my questions.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top