Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks 2020.1 is not working as I expect

Lightworks 2020.1 is not working as I expect 1 week ago #223095

First of all, howcome I can't double click files to import them anymore? I have to click "Import" at the bottom of the screen? That's a small issue. The big issue is it does not work. It exports my videos with an awful bleeding effect thing, I don't know what it's called. Image shows it. How do I fix this/Download the previous version, the one that works?
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 1 week ago #223096

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Hello,

I believe you're mixing up two things.

The design of the tabs left hand side in LOG and EDIT mode, has been modified to allow importing directly into bins via drag and drop from the import panel and perhaps, to have sufficient room to add more libraries in the future.

The picture you show looks to me like a problem caused by the media format you use and I'm not convinced that you can fix this problem by downgrading Lightworks.

Would you mind sharing the source file please, on a file sharing service of your choice, which doesn't convert media, or on wetransfer.com/ ? I would have a look into it to see what can be done.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 1 week ago #223097

The problem is, I can fix it by downgrading. I have. I had the old installer before and installed the old version and it worked. I don't have the installer anymore, and I can't seem to find the previous version. I'm just using OBS to capture my browser and using lightworks to crop it, the previous version never had this issue. It's super obnoxious and makes using lightworks completely impossible. Also, what is a source file?

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 1 week ago #223098

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Earlier versions are not available for download, except for users with an outright license.

Again, I think that you have trouble with your source video and that should be fixable, but I need the source video to find out what the problem is.
Last Edit: 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 1 week ago #223100

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
I missed this question:

SwissSauceYT wrote:
Also, what is a source file?

The source file is the video file (the OBS recording) you have imported in Lightworks which the picture you show above is from.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 6 days, 17 hours ago #223115

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 6 days, 17 hours ago
SwissSauceYT wrote:
First of all, howcome I can't double click files to import them anymore? I have to click "Import" at the bottom of the screen?

Neither V14.5 or V2020.1 allow you to import by double clicking. All that does is open the selected tile or thumbnail in the log preview viewer. This is a standard feature in Lightworks, you then have to decide what you want to do with clip after you've viewed it. In the case of the LOG tab - import or not import.

This will be desirable on more complex projects, where you may have numerous out takes and various other unwanted media that you don't want to import into the project. This avoids cluttering up the bins etc in the content manager. It's an early stage in editing.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 4 days ago #223263

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 4 days ago
I have deleted your previous post, SwissSauceYT. In that post you have violated the terms and conditions of using these forums, which are user forums. Nearly everyone here including the orange moderators are volunteer users. The only people who aren't are the red moderators and the administrator.

If double clicking worked to import for you it was unusual to say the least. How do I know? Because I just launched 14.5 and tried it. Not satisfied with that I then launched 14.0 and double clicked on external media again and in each case it just launched my media player, which is what I would have expected.

When you say that everything looks bad, can you give us a screen grab to show us what you mean? Something a little more substantial than that thumbnail in your first post may make things clearer. It may then be possible for one of the users here to help.
Last Edit: 4 days ago by jwrl.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is not working as I expect 3 days, 22 hours ago #223268

• SwissSauceYT
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 days, 22 hours ago
I have deleted your previous post, SwissSauceYT. In that post you have violated the terms and conditions of using these forums, which are user forums. Nearly everyone here including the orange moderators are volunteer users. The only people who aren't are the red moderators and the administrator.

If double clicking worked to import for you it was unusual to say the least. How do I know? Because I just launched 14.5 and tried it. Not satisfied with that I then launched 14.0 and double clicked on external media again and in each case it just launched my media player, which is what I would have expected.

When you say that everything looks bad, can you give us a screen grab to show us what you mean? Something a little more substantial than that thumbnail in your first post may make things clearer. It may then be possible for one of the users here to help.

Maybe it was a glitch, idk. Anyways my bad for lashing out, I was trying to work on a video and the issue was driving me insane, because it literally does make the program unusable. Also I'm not sure what else to provide you with, here's a screen recording where I try my best to demonstrate the issue I've been having. Also, if that double-clicking feature wasn't in place before, I'd highly recommend adding it, as it was super useful for me.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 3 days, 21 hours ago #223269

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 21 hours ago
In the LOG tab, when you double click you receive the "not imported" warning above the viewer. This appears in both V14.5 and V2020.1

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

The location of "Local files" and "project contents" tabs have changed in V2020.1. You can't now switch between them in the LOG tab at the top of the content manager. Other than that there, is no difference in the procedures regarding how you import between the two versions.

However, on checking in the EDIT tab, you can double click and import in V14.5. I assume that got changed in V2020.1 because it was unintentional or a bug in V14.5. since using the import button has always been the standard method in Lightworks. It also interferes with you previewing a clip in the viewer before importing it, an undesirable feature if you've got a lot of takes or unwanted material to wade through.

The button allows you to import more than one clip into a project as a batch. You can drag to make a selection of closely grouped clips, also use Shift + click for the same thing or use Ctrl + click to create a batch of individual clips that aren't grouped together.

Not having the double click import doesn't make Lightworks unusable, since film editors manage to edit feature films using the import button. The advantages for the latter outweigh the inconvenience, however, you're welcome to put it in as a feature request.
Last Edit: 3 days, 19 hours ago by briandrys.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 3 days, 21 hours ago #223273

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 days, 21 hours ago
If find the changes of the layout of 'Libraries' and the ability to watch video in the Lightworks viewer without importing very useful. You see, there are different views on that. Maybe you can get used to it?

Why didn't you share your recording, as suggested? I'm pretty sure, if there is any, I'll find a fix.
Last Edit: 3 days, 21 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 3 days, 15 hours ago #223301

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 15 hours ago
Since this appears to be an operational issue, rather than a bug, I shall shortly move this thread to Codecs / Importing / Exporting / Transcoding

There's more on importing in the V2020.1 User Guide on P203, found in downloads > documentation.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 3 days, 11 hours ago #223313

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
The corrupted frames might be caused by a bug or might not, without hands on the media we won't find out.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 3 days, 11 hours ago #223314

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
If required, the media issue can be separated out into a separate thread when SwissSauceYT supplies a sample.

Re: Lightworks 2020.1 is a disaster. 3 days, 11 hours ago #223316

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 days, 11 hours ago
Sure!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top