Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Cannot export to folder

Re: Use of free version of lightworks 1 week ago #223103

Thanks - I played each of these new ones on 4 different player apps. Better results. Both work on all 4, with the only glitch being that both stop playing after 17 seconds (rather than the full 18) in GOM but not the other players, and the first one (AVCHD 1080p59.94) had a couple video hiccups in VLC (staggering, and a brief freeze with picture disintegration) the first time I played it but later no problem in VLC.
Interesting though, I went back and compared these to my original export that I made in Free version and found that neither seems superior to it either in video or audio quality, in fact the video in the Free seems a touch sharper if anything.

Re: Use of free version of lightworks 1 week ago #223104

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week ago
Just to clarify, I didn't create the last two files for you, but for schrauber.

After reading your last posts, I wasn't even expecting to hear anything more from you.

Nevertheless, everybody on this forum is free to download the files, watch them and spread their opinion, about quality or even the current weather.

Now, that you've saved the 20 bucks to make your own tests with a Month license and know that the quality Lightworks provides doesn't meet your needs, you can relaxed carry on searching for better suitable tools for you.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week ago by hugly. Reason: Typos

Re: Use of free version of lightworks 6 days, 18 hours ago #223119

• schrauber
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 18 hours ago
hugly wrote:

I created the AVCHD 1080p59.94 variant with 16-bit sound, does that work with all players on your system?

we.tl/t-tpX3VXAqVN

Edit: Another one XDCAM EX, a format proprietary to Sony, but maybe also worth a try?

we.tl/t-N3aqeW5QuI

Results on my system:

IMG_7231_PS (sync) BDAV 1080p59.94 16-bit PCM.mts::

Player Lightworks 2020.1 (reimport): OK

Player "Film & TV" (standard Win 10 app): OK
Little things (starting the video from Windows Explorer): The first frames (about one second) are frozen while the audio is already running.

Player "Fotos" (standard Win 10 app): Ok, Just like with the "Film & TV" app

Player VLC 2.1.5 (very old): OK
Little things (starting the video from Windows Explorer):
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

IMG_7231_PS (sync) XDCAM EX 1080p29.97.mp4:

Player Lightworks 2020.1 (reimport): OK

Player "Film & TV" (standard Win 10 app): The app offers me to install the MPEG-2 video extension (opens the Windows Store). After the installation OK (also the first frames).

Player "Fotos" (standard Win 10 app):
Test before I downloaded the codec with the other app: The app does not offer me the MPEG-2 video extension, and can't play the video at first. But this app is optimized for photos.
Test after I downloaded the codec with the other app: Ok, Just like with the "Film & TV" app.

Player VLC 2.1.5 (very old): OK (also the first frames).
Mainly automatically translated
--------------------------------------------
Software: Lightworks 2020.1; || Windows 10, 64 Bit
Hardware: Intel i5-4440 (3,1 GHz); || shared RAM: 8 GB; || Intel HD Graphics 4600 (can use max. 2 GB of shared RAM)
Last Edit: 6 days, 18 hours ago by schrauber.

Re: Use of free version of lightworks 6 days, 18 hours ago #223121

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 6 days, 18 hours ago
Short summary of what I understand: After installing the MPEG-2 codec on Windows everything runs fine, except of MTS on the old VLC player, which might be fixable by upgrading to the current version. (MTS is by design a modified MPEG-2 transport stream which needs some buffering before it can start playing and skipping in the stream is a pain)

Thank you very much for the feedback!
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 6 days, 18 hours ago by hugly.
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top