Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: specs

specs 1 week, 5 days ago #222707

• phobologic
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
I was wondering if 4 cores is enough for decently basic video editing. I have a i5 7th gen and it runs lightwork decently smooth and on another forum i was told it would work for my cpu.

Re: specs 1 week, 5 days ago #222710

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

You should be able to use Lightworks on that machine, if required, using the internal proxy editing assists with more demanding codecs. Quite a few users have i5 computers.

Re: specs 1 week, 5 days ago #222718

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
More important than computer specs for 'basic editing' is media type, HDD space and interface. Working with all media on a single drive which also holds the LW software is possible but not ideal. Working with media on thumb drives is generally pretty hopeless as is working with media on standard USB connected external devices.

Perhaps with a few more details about the overall system specifics more targeted advice might be given
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: specs 1 week, 5 days ago #222721

• Jpaulbiss
  • Edu User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
When I started using Lightworks I had a Dell XPS with i5 vintage 2010 or so. Not the fastest horse in the stable; but it got the job done.
HP Elitebook 840, 2xDell U2312HM, UbuntuStudio 20.04 LTS, Lightworks Keyboard, Shuttle Pro 2 which works sometimes

Re: specs 1 week, 5 days ago #222726

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
From all NLE's designed for commercial usage available today, Lightworks has the smallest footprint. It is known to work even on computers with low system resources due to it's streamlined effects engine and the efficient proxy workflow.

However, when comparing video editing with tractor pulling, the computer is the tractor and, media and complexity of timelines is the load.

Now, that we've got a rough idea of the tractor you ride, what about the load?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 4 days ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top