Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't import or export videos. Can't recognize frame rate.

Can't import or export videos. Can't recognize frame rate. 1 week, 5 days ago #221176

• AisteBielyte
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Hi. First of all my phone camera is 30fps but Lightworks doesn't recognise it. It recognises some of the videos as 25fps and some of them as 29.97fps. I tried using other free video editing softwares and it never had a problem. All videos always were recognised as 30fsp.
Second, when I import a 25fps video into a 25fps project, half of it is black. It only happens with 25fps videos but not with 29.97fps. Altho, 29.97fps videos in 30fps project are always missing the last frame. To solve the 25fps problem I use different software to cut a video in half and import two half as two separate files. It solves my problem but it's very time-consuming.
Third, after I finish editing my full video through a lot of struggle, it wouldn't export fully. The exported video has a lot of black screens. If I export the same video in a few different parts, it has less black screens. Full video works fine on a time line. So I don't know what is a problem there.
Lastly, files from my one project somehow appeared in my other project's time line. I edited a thumbnail in a new project and the next day I noticed that it appeared in a middle of my time line of my already edited project. How is this even possible?
I tried to use other editing Softwares and they didn't have any of these issues. What I struggle the most with is that Lightworks wouldn't recognise my 30fps videos as 30fps and that it can't import or export whole videos with no black screens.I, also, crashes a lot it you try to import videos edited with other Softwares.

Re: Can't import or export videos. Can't recognize frame rate. 1 week, 5 days ago #221177

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 week, 5 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

It's best to be aware that 30fps videos are probably 29.97fps in reality. It's just short hand for a more complicated number.

In order to find out more about the technical details of your video(s) please could you follow the directions in this sticky: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top