Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: v2020.1; Black video w/ sound Avid DNxHd compression

v2020.1; Black video w/ sound Avid DNxHd compression 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220876

• MarkusGraves
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Having issues with new 2020.1

I try to restore an archived project. It grinds to a complete stop midway with no sign after 5-10 min of progressing.

I abort the restore and try to repair the files manually. This all goes without a hitch. Video and audio on one file completely repairs.

However, one of my video files gives me sound with no problem but total black for video.

The specs on both .mov files is identical with 1 exception: the compression on the one that fully repairs is AVCHD while the compression for black video w/ sound is Avid DNxHD.

I never had this issue with v14. How do I rectify this?

Re: v2020.1; Black video w/ sound Avid DNxHd compression 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220878

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Hello,

The most obvious cause for DNxHD showing black video with sound after restoring a backup is a missing or not correctly activated DNxHD license.

You can check the license status from project settings, under 'Licensing.Show licensed options..'.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: v2020.1; Black video w/ sound Avid DNxHd compression 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220879

• MarkusGraves
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Wow

I forgot about that license. It has been more than 5 years since I purchased it; I suppose I just took it for granted after a while. That was stupid of me lol "well, I feel sheepish"

Thanks!

Re: v2020.1; Black video w/ sound Avid DNxHd compression 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220880

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
You are welcome!

Just in case that you aren't aware of it: The DNxHD license is assigned to a specific computer system. It doesn't expire. It works with the Pro version (import/export) and the Free version (import only).

If you are still on the same computer hardware, the license should stay valid, and it could be that something went wrong with the DNxHD activation when upgrading to 2020.1. In this case, I'd suggest contacting Editshare, either by using the form Report a problem or via e-mail to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 5 days ago by hugly.

Re: v2020.1; Black video w/ sound Avid DNxHd compression 2 weeks, 5 days ago #220931

• MarkusGraves
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Yeah, it's a new comp system. As I said, I totally forgot about the license and either didn't remember or was unaware of its "attachment" to one system haha.

Again, thank you for your rapid help!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds
Scroll To Top