Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help?

Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214465

• hertoutr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Hi there,

I've had a look at other topics and I think my problem is to do with the fact that I have variable frame rate screen capture footage (with audio track in the same file). I've cut bits of the footage out tn the editor and everything is in sync, but when I export some of the clips are out of sync with the audio.

Looking at the other answers, I guess I will have to start editing again after putting the original file through Handbrake? I've downloaded Handbrake but now have no idea which settings to select or what to do!!

Here's the Mediainfo file for my original video.

Thank you!
Attachments:
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214466

• hertoutr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Also, if it helps, I'm on Windows 10 64-bit...

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214467

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Thank you for the mediainfo.

It could be, but I'm not sure that this problem is solely caused by variable frame rate. If sync issues are caused by variable frame rate, they appear usually already in preview.

Could you post your computer details, please, including the Lightworks version you run?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214468

• hertoutr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply! It's a Microsoft Surface Laptop, Windows 10, Intel Core i5-7200U CPU and Lightworks 14.5 - is that enough info?

The original file is a recording from MS powerpoint which includes the slides, a video of me presenting from the laptop camera and an audio track from laptop microphone.

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214470

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
Frame rate : 30.303 FPS

The non standard target frame rate could be causing issues, Handbrake will convert this to a standard constant frame rate.

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214479

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Yes, the additional information helps.

hertoutr wrote:
The original file is a recording from MS powerpoint which includes the slides, a video of me presenting from the laptop camera and an audio track from laptop microphone.

I was thinking the file you show is some kind of download?
Last Edit: 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214481

• hertoutr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
hugly wrote:
I was thinking the file you show is some kind of download?

Ah sorry - I just saved it in my downloads folder by accident!

briandrys wrote:
The non standard target frame rate could be causing issues, Handbrake will convert this to a standard constant frame rate.

Okay - what frame rate should I convert to in Handbrake? Can I just use the default settings?

Thanks both

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 2 weeks ago #214484

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Defaults of Handbrake won't work. Here you'll find suitable settings:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=166802&Itemid=81#209009

Assuming that you work in a 30 fps project with this material, set the frame rate to straight 30 fps.

Re: Variable frame rate screen capture audio out of sync - Handbrake help? 1 week, 6 days ago #214579

• hertoutr
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
Thank you very much - it worked!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top