Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Here's another newbie question

Here's another newbie question 2 weeks, 1 day ago #214423

• Phaetos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
When exporting, is there a way to see the % of completion or an estimation of time to render?

Also, I see there are tests to determine GPU hardware acceleration, but I see no way to enable that actual process to help speed up the rendering.

Re: Here's another newbie question 2 weeks, 1 day ago #214428

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Hello,

On the active task panel up left, the length of the orange progress bar in relation to the total length gives a rough idea about the estimated time to finish. Since the complexity and media structure in the timeline can vary significantly over the duration, it's very hard to estimate the remaining time based on the elapsed precisely.

Lightworks uses the CPU to decode and encode video. The GPU is used for effects, scaling and display. There is no dedicated hardware encoding/decoding, currently and thus no switch to enable it.

The 'GPU tests' shows how the GPU performs certain internal test task. It doesn't say much about real world performance. Editing performance without effects depends mainly on the CPU and the resolution and format of the media used.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by hugly.

Re: Here's another newbie question 2 weeks ago #214437

• Phaetos
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks ago
Thanks for the clarification. So I need a new cpu then Admittedly the changes I made were a video intro added in, and 3 45min clips of gameplay tacked together with some text in there. It took about an hour to hour & 15 to complete on my lowly FX6300, which I actually think is quite good for what I'm using. A good Ryzen is gonna slay this render time dramatically.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds
Scroll To Top