Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS

Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214275

• emilie_reigne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Hey, I tried finding a fix to my problem on my own... for the past 2 hours now, I give up, I need someones help.

I have lightworks 14.5
I'm trying to export my video, but the audio will loop when we get to the freezed frames parts. I made a freeze frame by cutting the said-frame, changing it's speed to 0%.

When checking in the forums, it tells me to update my lightworks which was apparently a bug in the lightworks 14.0 (I seem to have the latest version, so I dont think thats the problem...)

It also tells me to check the "join" button, which I dont have at my bottom right corner and I cant seem to figure out how to make it appear (same with the effect button and I think the other button is... render? Something along those lines. I dont have those buttons, and I dont know how to get them)

I also read in one of the forums that someone changed their freeze frame from 0% to 1% and THAT fixed their issue, but it's not working for me, the same audio problem happens when I export...

I also tried taking a screenshot of the frame I wanted, saved it in photoshop as a jpeg, used THAT instead of my initial freeze frame, but again the same problem happened. Audio loops.

I have a freeze frame with audio from another video, but the other videos audio doesnt work, and the sequence with the freeze frame loops whatever audio I had before the said freeze frame.
I hope this makes sense... how do I fix this?

Re: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214284

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

Did you deselect the audio tracks when you did the freeze frame on the video track?

Re: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214292

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
emilie_reigne wrote:
I have lightworks 14.5
I'm trying to export my video, but the audio will loop when we get to the freezed frames parts. I made a freeze frame by cutting the said-frame, changing it's speed to 0%.

That's a known bug with V14.0. I was thinking that it's been fixed with V14.5, but it isn't. I even encountered it four weeks ago, even with 2020 beta, and reported it.

Removing all audio segments with speed zero will fix the problem. Those segments are silent anyway.

What you could try is installing the latest beta release of Lightworks 2020 to see if it fixes the issue. I would truly appreciate a feedback on this.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214302

• emilie_reigne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. lets call it the A-roll and B-roll. this is for youtube btw haha.
So in the A-roll, Im talking to the camera. Then I meant to have a pause button appear, a freeze frame and another video sequence, the b-roll, talking on top of the freeze frame, and when that b-roll was done talking my A-roll would start up again. All the tracks are selected and normal, when Im viewing my video in lightworks everything works perfectly. The problem arises when I export it. That's when the loop happens. Hope that answered your question!

Re: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214303

• emilie_reigne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
The audio isn't actually the audio that was with the A-roll that I freeze. Its another clip entirely that I overlap, and the audio is an important part of it...

Re: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214305

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
As mentioned, I know the problem.

To avoid audio loops on export, remove all audio segments with speed zero from your timeline.

Re: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214306

• emilie_reigne
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
OMG YES!!!

the 1 frame that I would use to freeze frame still had a 1 frame worth of audio that I left there because I figured it wouldnt change anything to remove it. deleting it seems to have fixed the issue!!! Thank you you have no idea how discouraged I was

Re: Exporting freeze frame AUDIO LOOPS 2 weeks, 4 days ago #214307

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
My pleasure!

As I first encountered this behaviour, some years ago, it took me hours to find the cause.

I think, we all would be very pleased if this bug would be fixed with 2020.1, which is close to be released. From what I see here, the issue is still present with the latest 2020.1 beta, unfortunately.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top