Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Light works refusing to import

Light works refusing to import 1 month ago #213745

so, this is my first time ever trying to make a video. i've recorded the vid using OBS, and i've opened up lightworks for the first time. at first i cannot find the file from lightworks, so i tried dragging and dropping it into lightworks and got this window. (see attachment)
does anyone know why this would be happening and how to fix it?

Moderated: This isn't a bug, it's an operational issue. I've moved it to a more appropriate forum - jwrl.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by jwrl.

Light works refusing to import 1 month ago #213746

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
Welcome to the forum.

It looks like you're trying to import MKV, which isn't supported by Lightworks. Try converting before importing using Handbrake. This sticky should assist you: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=166802&Itemid=81

Light works refusing to import 1 month ago #213752

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 month ago
With an OBS recording, remuxing MKV to MP4 should be sufficient. That's much faster than converting, because this process just copies the media streams without re-encoding.

This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Light works refusing to import 1 month ago #213760

ok, encoding is done, but now i have no clue if it worked cause now i have THIS error message

EDIT: now i wish i'd done what hugly said... maybe next time
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
Last Edit: 1 month ago by Diablokin551.

Light works refusing to import 1 month ago #213762

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 1 month ago
So that users can see the technical details of this video, please follow the directions in this sticky and paste the text report into your next message:

www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=23&id=66072&Itemid=81
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top