Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to playback 50fps footage at normal speed

Re: how to playback 50fps footage at normal speed 1 week, 6 days ago #207374

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
fishmonger yes just wanted to write you, this should have the same metadata. if you need something more let me know.

Re: how to playback 50fps footage at normal speed 1 week, 6 days ago #207376

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
kalimerox wrote:
Yes, this is the cause of the problem!! the dp did not align this and so i have this mismatch!

From what I understand from reading parts of the manual, the camera aligns both frame rate parameters automatically, by default. If true, the camera operator has overridden the defaults, intended or not. The container of the provided clip shows 25 fps, but the camera has recorded 50 frames per second with audio in real time (25 fps). If both, picture and sound, are to be used, this construction needs manual interference anyway when editing. Lightworks imports exactly that, video in slow motion and sound padded with silence to full duration.

As a matter of interest, what kind of change to the current behaviour of Lightworks do you suggest?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: how to playback 50fps footage at normal speed 1 week, 6 days ago #207406

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
well, my suggestion would be as default play all frame rates back at normal speed. there are productions these days that work with tons of different frame rates and to have a starting point and reference I would see it handy for editing starting there. For me slomo is more an extra option for some cases than my standard way to go.. but others might see that different or have other productions..
And yes, that is weird in the bmpcc4k, I will talk back to the dp about what had happened, I dont think he changed anything on purpose from the standard settings.

Re: how to playback 50fps footage at normal speed 1 week, 6 days ago #207414

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 6 days ago
If Lightworks would ignore frame rate settings and use the proprietary parameter 'Shooting Rate' to normalize the speed, what would all the BMPCC users do who set the parameter intentionally, because they wish the material to play in slow motion?

kalimerox wrote:
I will talk back to the dp about what had happened, I dont think he changed anything on purpose from the standard settings.

Gladly, the camera has pumped up the metatdata block with a bunch of non standard text based informations. To confront them with evidence, here is an extract of the metadata of C038.mov:

com.blackmagic-design.camera.projectFPS  : 25
com.apple.proapps.shootingRate           : 50
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 25.000 FPS

You may have noticed that media players show a duration of appr. 8 seconds, same as Lightworks. All the apps play the file in slow motion, they ignore the proprietary metadata.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 1 week, 6 days ago by hugly.

Re: how to playback 50fps footage at normal speed 1 week, 4 days ago #207498

• kalimerox
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 1 week, 4 days ago
I totally agree. thanks for the infos!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds
Scroll To Top