Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Video Freezes and high CPU once playback reaches timestamp

Video Freezes and high CPU once playback reaches timestamp 3 weeks, 2 days ago #206783

• NeoKuro
  • Pro User
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Been using LW for a few months now without any issues.
Recorded a VLOG yesterday for the first time, again with no LW-related issues.
Went to record it again today (to fix non-LW realted issues) and recorded fine.

Playback of the .MP4 file was fine, with no issues.

My video is ~12minutes long (normally my other vids are about 30minutes +), and when it reaches ~11:51 the CPU usage skyrockets from ~9% up to 85%. LW isn't rendering or exporting, all its doing is playing back the edited footage (all I did was cut out the starting few seconds, and add an EQ to one audio layer as I always do)

When CPU rockets to 85%+ the video seems to freeze, whilst audio continues fine. IF I search to, say, 12:01 (after the 'freeze' happens) then it will show the video at that timestamp, but will not continue beyond that. Oddly, if I do try and search / skip to a timestamp beyond the 11:51 freeze point, it takes about 5-10 seconds to 'load' that timestamp (I get the loading cursor). If I try and resume from that point, it will again 'load' for about 3-5 seconds, similarly with stopping.

If I go back to the start, or anytime before 11:51, it runs perfectly fine.

I'm at a loss, especially as I haven't changed any settings since yesterday's recording, and didn't have this issue.

Re: Video Freezes and high CPU once playback reaches timestamp 3 weeks, 2 days ago #206798

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Hello,

That sounds like a damaged or not compliant video stream.

Please try: Convert your video with most recent Handbrake 1.2.2, use the preset "Production>>Standard", with Lightworks shut down replace the original video with the converted (same location, filename and extension), restart Lightworks, and see what happens.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top