Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Could I change the frame rate to 15?

Could I change the frame rate to 15? 2 weeks ago #204486

I have created an animation and successfully rendered it. However, when I went onto Lightworks, when I tried to export it into the software, it quickened up. I did have it on 'Auto' but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions??

Re: Could I change the frame rate to 15? 2 weeks ago #204488

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
Welcome to the forum.

Lightworks projects are created at standard frame rates for the film and TV industries.

If you've managed to import your video I would try doing a speed change, so that you 15fps plays at the correct frame rate dor the project.

I would suggest creating a 30fps project and if your video imports into it, changing the speed by putting the video into a sequence and changing the speed in order to correct it. Please see P100 in the V14.5 User Guide for directions, this can be found in downloads > documentation.

Re: Could I change the frame rate to 15? 2 weeks ago #204498

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks ago
The way that you deal with animation in twos is simple if you have rendered your animation as an image sequence. As briandrys suggests, set up your project at 30 fps then edit it into a Lightworks sequence (yes, confusing having two meanings of the word "sequence", but there you go). Set the speed to 50%, which will repeat every frame twice, thus giving you animation by twos.

You can do this at the outset of your edit process to every animation sequence that you import. If you do that, as you finish each right click on the sequence viewer and from the drop down menu that appears choose Make > Print. This will make a print of your animation running at the correct speed which you can handle in the same way as you would any other clip as you do any further editing.

Just remember that prints need to have your original animation sequence available in your project to work. Put them in their own bin labelled something like "original media" so that you know not to delete them until you have finished your project.

Re: Could I change the frame rate to 15? 1 week, 3 days ago #204728

Thanks! I was able to fix it now!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds
Scroll To Top