Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Importing MP4 and MP3 files from computer

Re: Importing MP4 and MP3 files from computer 5 days, 14 hours ago #199538

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 14 hours ago
Right click on the edit viewer. That's the screen with your finished sequence, and is shown by a small red flag at the top left of its window. From the drop down menu that appears select Export. Set up where you want to export to, name the file you want to save it as, and go.

To change the name of your sequence from Sequence #1, click on the name. The text should change from white to yellow on blue. Just type the new name that you want to use and press the enter key.

The timeline is the display of tracks that you see underneath your edit window.

Re: Importing MP4 and MP3 files from computer 5 days, 13 hours ago #199539

I'm really feeling a bit stupid but I don't quite follow you. I have the screen window with the finished sequence, and the red flag. Not sure what 'drop down menu' you mean. One does not just 'appear'. There is the word 'Sequence #1' in white lettering, followed by the name of the file (clip?) that I started with in blue letters and square brackets. If I right click on the word 'Sequence #1 I get a drop down selection - cut/copy/paste - and if I right click on the file name in square brackets I get 5 options including 'export'. I don't see where I can change to a new name (change name of clip or name of original file?). When I click on 'export I have limited options - Targets- Vimeo or YouTube; Backup- Lightworks Archive; and Media files- H264/MP4 (free). On the next screen window (Export Sequence #1) I don't change the default selections but can change the 'Name' from the default [automatic] to a new file name. I will try this sequence (as I did previously) once again, and report back here on the result. Thanks!

Re: Importing MP4 and MP3 files from computer 5 days, 13 hours ago #199540

Whatever I did I must have done something right this time because I finally have the corrected video. Thanks to all who had patience with my questions. Bob

Re: Importing MP4 and MP3 files from computer 5 days, 12 hours ago #199541

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 5 days, 12 hours ago
Glad you were able to sort things out.

pitsense@gmail.com wrote:
I have the screen window with the finished sequence, and the red flag. Not sure what 'drop down menu' you mean. One does not just 'appear'.

jwrl wrote:
Right click on the edit viewer ... From the drop down menu that appears select Export.

At no stage did I say that you should right click on the name. Perhaps I should have said "right click on the picture area of the edit viewer".

Again, perhaps I should have said "To change the name of your sequence from Sequence #1, left click on the name". You don't need to right click. As you have discovered you get a series of other context sensitive options if you do that.

The limited options are the ones that are supported by the free version. The greyed out selections become available to pro and permanent users.
Last Edit: 5 days, 12 hours ago by jwrl.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds
Scroll To Top