Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube

Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194065

So I made a short five minute video for my Science Fair Project and I wanted to upload it to YouTube. No big deal, right? Well, I've been sitting here for like an hour and it has just reached like 50%.

Does anyone have any tips to making the upload faster?

I use an hp Pavilion with a 8th Gen i5 Core.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194066

My computer just finished uploading the video to YouTube, but it is not appearing in my content. I don't want to go through that whole process again, so if anyone knows what happened, that would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194067

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

I assume that you're using the option to directly upload to Youtube on export with the option 'Upload to youtube.com' on the export panel enabled.

Please click on the orange progress bar upper left hand side, does it show any progress, has it passed 50% of overall duration?

Does your internet connection show any traffic, upstream?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194068

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Chug_Jug wrote:
My computer just finished

Hm, seems as if my first post has become obsolete.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194069

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
Please press F2-key to open the export panel and, without changing any of the settings, make a screenshot of the panel and attach it with your response.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194095

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194096

Correction: video was 2.5 mins long.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194097

Also, the added blue audio block was added after uploading.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194098

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
The export settings in your screenshot show that you didn't upload from Lightworks to Youtube, but that you exported with Youtube settings to your local file system, to the location shown under 'Folder'. This explains why you don't see anything on your Youtube account, there was no upload.

Your screenshot shows that your timeline is heavily zoomed in. I suspect your timeline to have a duration of 30 minutes or more and 'Region' on the panel shows 'Whole sequence'. All together, I think you've exported a lot of trailing black which would explain the long duration. That should be easily detectable when opening the exported file with a media player.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by hugly.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194210

Thanks!

Also, I found the reason it took sooo long to upload the video:
When I clicked export, the video exported like 36 minutes of video, even though I only wanted to export the first 5 minutes. Do you have any way I can fix this>

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194211

And yes, there was a lot (like 30 minutes) of trailing black.

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194212

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 2 months, 2 weeks ago
In the export menu under 'Format' - then three items down 'Region' - select option as required.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation

Re: Takes an unreasonable amount of time to upload a 5 minute video to YouTube 2 months, 2 weeks ago #194213

Thanks so much for your help!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds
Scroll To Top