Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Support for AVCHD folder structure?

Support for AVCHD folder structure? 4 months, 1 week ago #182149

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
V14.5 changelog says “Added support for AVCHD folder structure”.

Can anybody explain what “Added support for AVCHD folder structure” means and if/how it can be used to prevent users from leaving Lightworks just because of sync issues with chunked camera recorded material, as happened recently here with material from Sony PXW-X70?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Support for AVCHD folder structure? 4 months, 1 week ago #182243

• gr00by
  • Pro User
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Hi.

You can insert your SD card, select it, and import files without searching them in subdirectories. I see no other differences, but maybe my cam is not storing useful information here.

I tried continuous recording ("soft"/"virtual" cuts, i.e. cuts only in metadata but one big file stored) but no cue points nor multiple clips/subclips were imported - just one big file.

I didn't tried automatic joining long clips into one clip. I have no such time for that

Any additional info would be helpful.
Canon C100 -- Manjaro Linux User

Re: Support for AVCHD folder structure? 4 months, 1 week ago #182253

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Except of one discussion, I can't remember persons complaining about poor support of entire media folder structures, but there are many reporting about sync issues with chunked media, at least on the forum.

I still see trouble with export to P2 AVC-Intra, because file names on export are not preserved and not definable, but that's another discussion.

I'm wondering if we can read about this and related features in the next User Guide?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Support for AVCHD folder structure? 4 months, 1 week ago #182298

• RWAV
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
I can't remember persons complaining about poor support of entire media folder structures
Generally one can bypass folder structure issues by pointing the import tool, of whatever importing software is in use, to the directory of interest. Complaining is a largely pointless time-wasting endeavour. Over time folder structures are modified by the generating equipment -- so LW and others can fall behind with their compatibility.

It is of course excellent when high end software like LW recognises the acquisition source/format because it recognises the folder structure.

Not sure but from memory "AVCHD folder structure" used to refer to a fairly restricted range of, again from memory, Panasonic cameras with 'transport stream' defined content.

I could be wrong.
BETA System
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
HP Z800 Workstation
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds
Scroll To Top