Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Sync issue

Sync issue 4 days, 4 hours ago #180833

• Markolufc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 4 hours ago
I'm using Lightworks 14.5

I have some game footage that I recorded in Shadowplay and then transcoded it into a fixed framerate version.

It's working fine apart from one sequence, which is a full second out of sync when I export it.

As for whether this is reproduced in the timeline, the answer is - sometimes.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 4 hours ago #180834

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 4 hours ago
Which OS are you using, so this can be moved into the V14.5 beta forum.

Did you import the media directly into V14.5 or is this a project imported into V14.0?

Note V14.5 can handle variable frame rate media, so there's no need to convert to a constant frame rate prior to importing.
Last Edit: 4 days, 4 hours ago by briandrys.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 4 hours ago #180835

• Markolufc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 4 hours ago
I had already converted to constant frame rate when I created the project in v14.

I haven't had this problem with any other sequence up to this point. I'm going to be honest with you, I have a hunch that the thing that will fix it is adding colour correct. I don't know why but the sequence I was working on that was causing the issue was the only one that hadn't been colour corrected.

I'll let you know.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 4 hours ago #180837

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 days, 4 hours ago
Which operating system are you using, so that this can be moved into the beta forum, where the developers can spot it?
Last Edit: 4 days, 4 hours ago by briandrys.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 3 hours ago #180838

• Markolufc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 3 hours ago
Windows 10. It's still not working. I'm kinda miffed as I'm editing a video that needs to be released tomorrow ideally.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 3 hours ago #180839

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 3 hours ago
Converting Shadowplay recordings with V14.5 prior to import shouldn't be necessary anymore to compensate for sync issue, but when switching between V14.0 and V14.5 on an existing edit with material recorded with hidden variable frame rate (e.g. from Shadowplay) it's kind of asking for trouble.

When did you switch versions and which release of V14.5 do you run?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 days, 3 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 3 hours ago #180840

• Markolufc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 3 hours ago
It was a few weeks ago. I already said that the variable framerate video I recorded with shadowplay, I transcoded it into a fixed framerate video BEFORE I imported it into v14, and before I moved on to v14.5. I remember doing it because it took about 3 hours to transcode for 2 hours of footage. It fixed the sync issue I was having in v14. Then I moved to v14.5 because of audio glitches I was having when exporting, which have been fixed by v14.5 thankfully, but now it's doing this hidden sync issue that's only showing up in the timeline sometimes but not really, and is consistently being delivered in my exports but only for 2 sequences. I've tested it with 8 sequences in total and only have the issue with 2 of them.
Last Edit: 4 days, 3 hours ago by Markolufc.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 3 hours ago #180841

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 3 hours ago
Thanks.

I understand that you don't use any original footage from Shadowplay and everything is converted to constant and standard frame rate. The issue is noticeable occasionally in preview, but it's always present in exported files and this happens only in two of eight sequences. Hope I got it right.

There is one known issue which can cause desyncing that has been fixed with most recent V14.5 RC8. Please delete all .lvix files next to your imported videos on file system level, prior to starting working RC8. Does V14.5 RC8 fix the issue?
Last Edit: 4 days, 3 hours ago by hugly.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 3 hours ago #180842

• Markolufc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 3 hours ago
Sorry I'm being such a nob. I have a short fuse and a lot riding on the success of my channel. Don't know why I thought it was acceptable to get funny with you

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 3 hours ago #180843

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 3 hours ago
Pardon?

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 3 hours ago #180844

• Markolufc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 3 hours ago
I felt as though I wasn't very polite

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 2 hours ago #180845

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 2 hours ago
Nobody on the forum is able to anticipate what you're currently working on, or how your sequences or your material look like without seeing anything. Troubleshooting starts on your recent description. Based on it, I have no idea what your problem is, that's why I repeated what I understand to avoid misunderstanding.

If you wish to get funny with me, I can call the joker, if you wish.

If you wish support on investigating the problem in more detail try V14.5 RC8 from today fixes the problem and report back, as a first step.

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 2 hours ago #180846

• Markolufc
  • Junior Boarder
  • 4 days, 2 hours ago
All fixed, thanks for the help. Again, sorry if I seemed rude

Re: Sync issue 4 days, 2 hours ago #180848

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 days, 2 hours ago
Accepted. Good to hear that the issue is fixed.

Have a nice day.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds
Scroll To Top