Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Exporting Taking Way Too Long

Exporting Taking Way Too Long 4 months, 1 week ago #178939

• bobgrey1997
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
First off, I do not have the full "Recommended System", as I only have one monitor (not that it should matter, as long as I can arrange things to be able to see), and I only have one hard drive, which has more than enough space to edit and save videos, even after fully installing the program. I have 8GB of RAM and an NVidia GeForce GT 610 1GB. My system should be able to at least handle everything this program can do.

Now, as for the issue at hand:
I have a video, well, two of them. Each one is little over an hour (the longest being an hour and 5 minutes), and I want to shorten that and merge them. I used OBS to record, and it decided to be the dumb software it is and simply refuse to record fullscreen programs, forcing me to record in Windowed Mode. This resulted in a mix of OBS, Discord, and Spotify being visible behind the window. Using Lightworks, I was able to crop all that out. I speed the video by a factor of 200%, making it just over a half-hour long and at a smaller size. I began exporting it at about 1:20 in the morning. It is now 7:15. I ended up being forced to turn off my PC, as Lightworks locked up my entire system with not even an eighth of the progress bar for the export. I was using "YouTube" to get my MP4 back (apparently Lightworks can't actually work with MP4s).
Something's wrong, and don't give me the whole "you don't meet recommended system". I know my computer can handle it. The "recommended" is for major professional editing in which one has hundreds or more videos and projects, and needs more space and more monitors for efficiency. As a simple hobbyist who simply records small bits of gaming for fun, I don't need, nor can I afford, all that, hence why I am using a FREE program, not something like Sony Vegas.

Re: Exporting Taking Way Too Long 4 months, 1 week ago #178940

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Hello and welcome!

Honestly, as non-native English speaker I have some difficulties to extract the essence out of your post, but I understand that you have a sequence which appears hanging on export.

Instead of discussing in depth your computer details, possible reasons for hanging exports, theory of editable codecs, mediainfo and recommended OBS settings, I'd suggest installing V14.5 beta side by side with V14.0. This gives you some chance to get your problem fixed. You'll find it under Downloads on top of this page.

To install V14.5 side by side with the existing version, specify a different destination path, e.g. "Lightworks V14.5 RC6" instead of "Lightworks". Export your sequence with V14.5 and see what happens.

Note: Most recent revision 106761 has an issue with the audio mixer, don't touch the mixer and install next revision as soon as it is available, please.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Exporting Taking Way Too Long 4 months, 1 week ago #178942

• bobgrey1997
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
I don't have audio in the video.
As for the beta, I have had some very bad experiences with these kinds of programs. They slow down, freeze up, crash, corrupt the system files, even...
I'd prefer to wait until they get a stable release of any new version before I go messing with it.

Re: Exporting Taking Way Too Long 4 months, 1 week ago #178944

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
You are welcome to wait, although, the V14.5 beta is very close to release and apart from the audio mixer issue which appeared as a regression in the current built, it has less bugs and issues than V14.00.

Re: Exporting Taking Way Too Long 4 months, 1 week ago #178945

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
The release is stable. There are many important bug fixes, improvements, and enhanced features. One of those might fix your problem. It will not affect your existing projects. If it doesn't fix your problem you'll have to go over the long distance to fix it, anyway.

If you don't trust me, make a project backup from "Project.Details.Make Backup" before installing.
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Exporting Taking Way Too Long 4 months, 1 week ago #178948

• bobgrey1997
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
It's not about trust. I have no reason to not trust anyone here. I have simply had bad experiences with video and model software, especially when they were betas.
As for this case, if the only reason it is still in beta is because of this audio mixer thing, meaning there are no other major issues to worry about, perhaps I will give it a shot.
As for the issue itself, I knocked the video down to 22 minutes and 38 seconds, and Export takes exactly that long (second per second) now, which is great!
And it even plays the video in the export window, so I can watch it while waiting!
Not sure what made the 30 minute video lock up my system for 6 hours...

Re: Exporting Taking Way Too Long 4 months, 1 week ago #178949

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Fixed?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds
Scroll To Top