Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Import AAF from third party applications

Import AAF from third party applications 4 months, 1 week ago #178937

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
I have trouble when importing AAF from Resolve 12.5. File names are invalid and existing media aren't relinkable/repairable.

Any ideas, suggestions how to fix or work around?

Are there known limitations/conventions to be respected on clip names, such as no blanks, no special characters, limited length?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.

Re: Import AAF from third party applications 4 months, 1 week ago #179090

• arniepix
    Pro User
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Try exporting an xml from Resolve and importing that.

also, what options did you select when exporting the AAF from Resolve?
I work in Manhattan, USA, but at night I cross the waters to sleep in Brooklyn, USA.

Also, post production is not an afterthought!

Re: Import AAF from third party applications 4 months, 1 week ago #179108

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 4 months, 1 week ago
Hello arniepix,

I didn't XML yet, but'll pick it up soon, thanks for the suggestion.

I have no practical experience with interchange formats, but there's some progress.

I created a project with just one clip of native XDCAM 1080i25 footage, and used "File.Export AAF" first. The idea, moving a project back and forth between Lightworks and Resolve with links to original material. The resulting AAF imported into Lightworks shows the clip and the sequence but, the symptoms described above, no relink, no repair - cookie for the clip exists, the path to original material isn't retrievable - basically the same symptoms Ivan describes with AAF out of Premiere in the other discussion.

In the meantime, I'm closer to what I really want to do, grading in Resolve while editing in Lightworks, not grading on a locked sequence after editing (and VFX, audio, export from Lightworks, not Resolve). The only way I can think of to make this happen is, creating proxies and intermediates in Reslove, means, the workflow starts with ingest, rough cut, rough grade and proxy creation in Resolve. The first step, AAF export to DNxHD proxies and import in Lightworks seems to work fine, beside of an issue with clip names.

Still, I don't understand why AAF referring to original material doesn't work?
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 4 months, 1 week ago by hugly.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds
Scroll To Top