Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: No longer able to launch Lightworks

No longer able to launch Lightworks 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241229

• oakweather
  • Fresh Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
I have been using Lightworks frequently, on a weekly basis. This past week, I suddenly am no longer able to log into my Lightworks account from the software, even though I can still log into this account online with the same credentials. When I attempt to log into Lightworks, I receive the error message "Requested project does not exist."

I tried to register for a new account from the Lightworks software. I am unable to do so too, receiving the same error message "Requested project does not exist."

Please help. Please see screenshot below.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: No longer able to launch Lightworks 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241230

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Welcome to the forum.

You need to update to the current version of Lightworks. please see this sticky: www.lwks.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=42&id=240494&Itemid=81

Re: No longer able to launch Lightworks 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241231

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Hello,

The message "Requested project does not exist" indicates that you're running a no longer supported, outdated version. Please upgrade to the latest release or, to benefit from the latest enhancements and fixes, install the current beta, which is 2021.3.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: No longer able to launch Lightworks 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241232

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Unless you wish to beta test, it's probably best to hold off on the V2021.3 beta for a while for actual projects. It's just come out, so waiting for a while will tell how stable it is. Usually the betas are stable enough in the later stages.
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by briandrys.

Re: No longer able to launch Lightworks 2 weeks, 4 days ago #241233

• hugly
  • Platinum Boarder
  • 2 weeks, 4 days ago
FWIW

Referring to the recent schedule, all issues not detected and fixed within the next 6 weeks will make their way to 2021.3 release. The more people test, the more issues will be detected and the less we will see in the next release, swarm intelligence. Times are changing.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 4 days ago by hugly.

Re: No longer able to launch Lightworks 2 weeks, 3 days ago #241237

• briandrys
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
I hope they test their workflows and the media they use, so this can be tested in advance of the final release. Especially if they use the cloud for any form of remote editing.

However, doing so with serious, time critical projects at this stage could be regarded as premature. Later on things will have settled, so the swarm approach will be more appropriate.

Re: No longer able to launch Lightworks 2 weeks, 3 days ago #241248

• jwrl
    Pro User
  • 2 weeks, 3 days ago
hugly wrote:
The more people test, the more issues will be detected and the less we will see in the next release, swarm intelligence. Times are changing.

With the greatest respect, hugly, that is very irresponsible advice to give to a person that you don't know. It may be that oakweather has a time-critical project that cannot afford to fail, and there may be some hidden bug in the current beta that means that they miss their deadline.

Personally I would wait until the situation is clearer if the project that I was working on was important to me. Not all of us have the luxury of allowing failures to happen.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds
Scroll To Top