Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lightworks crashes upon opening

Lightworks crashes upon opening 4 months, 2 weeks ago #234266

I originally installed Lightworks in around July. It worked perfectly fine, loved using it, then I set it down for a bit and temporarily uninstalled it to focus on other projects. Cut to November. I try to reinstall and can't open it. It brings up the interface but blank, and then closes itself. I can't interact with the window either if I try dragging it around or closing it myself. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times since, so I'm not sure what to do now.

I looked at the most recent crash logs and all of them have a file size of zero with nothing actually in them. I did dig for the backup logs though, and I've (hopefully) attached the most recent one with something actually in it as well as a screenshot of what I see upon launch.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.
Attachments:
  • Attachment This image is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
  • Attachment This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Re: Lightworks crashes upon opening 4 months, 2 weeks ago #234269

• hugly
  • Banned
  • 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Hello,

Thanks for posting the log. That looks very strange to me, never seen such a crash in such an early state of the startup. It might indicate hardware/driver faults or a damaged installation.

What you can try: Restart your computer to unlock possibly locked processes and files, install the latest beta release 2021.1.1 and see what happens. You'll find it under 'Downloads' on top of this page.
It's better to travel well than to arrive...

Re: Lightworks crashes upon opening 4 months, 2 weeks ago #234276

Uninstalled again, restarted, reinstalled. Same thing, no difference. I even tried installing it to a different directory to see if that would somehow do anything, nope. Checked the error logs to see if it did something different this time, but the new logs are still generating blank with a file size of zero.

Total shot in the dark, but would having a second user on my laptop be messing with the installation process somehow? I have a separate account to isolate my schoolwork and personal stuff, and there was a shortcut for Lightworks on the desktop when I logged into that account for the first time after installing.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds
Scroll To Top